05 : Hands Off

Your POV

"Question." Ellie tapped Josh's shoulder as he drove the truck, she sat beside him in the passenger seat, and the rest of us were in the back.

We had decided to leave all the other cars at the truck stop and just all get in Josh's van.
Most of them were battered anyway.

"Uh, ask away, I guess." He mumbled.

"Do you go on these missions all the time? Or is this just like, a thing that I happened to get myself into?" She twirled her red hair with her fingers.

"We do it all the time, well... most." He said.

Alara rolled her eyes. "If you don't like it, we can easily take you home." She muttered.

Ellie looked offended. "Well, as much as I want to go home, you guys need me." She said.

Jason let out an amused snigger, but he buried his head in my shoulder to hide it.

Alara raised her eyebrows. "Oh yeah? What, so you can teach us all how to braid hair and keep a diary? " She challenged.

Ellie turned her body to face Alara. "I am lightening the mood. You guys are so serious." She sighed.

Alex ran a hand through his light brown hair, his dark eyes shone in amusement. "We have to be serious on missions if we want to stay alive." He said.

Alara licked her lips. "Obviously the only serious you'd know of would be the relationship type. But you've probably never had a serious relationship anyways, am I right?"

"I've probably had more than you, and I'm still friends with all my exes because I'm not a bitch. What happened to your last boyfriend? Huh, you probably kicked him out and he's probably at some club, fucking a couple of whores." She spat. I didn't know where the anger was coming from, but she had taken the argument too far.

Jason's head snapped up.
"Don't." He warned.

"Don't what?" Ellie's eyes flickered over Alara, who had fell silent.
She hadn't really spoken about Kaine since he died, but her change in personality made it clear just how much she was grieving.

"Don't even go there." Anger and hurt rose in Jason's eyes.

I rested my hand on his arm. "Ignore her." I whispered.

Ellie crossed her arms. "It's true though, only a fuck boy would date someone with her personality." She snapped.

I glared at her. "Ellie, what the fuck? Why are you being such a bitch."

Jason shook his head. "Pull over, Josh."

I looked at him. "What? Where are you going?"

He took my hand in his. "We'll rent a car, I'm not staying in here with her." He glared at Ellie.

She looked offended. "Excuse me?"

"I don't like to repeat myself." He snapped.

Josh looked at us through the rear view mirror and rolled his eyes.
He drove for a few minutes until he pulled over at a garage.
"You got any cash, bro?" He asked.