64 : Let's Go Somewhere

Your POV

I switched off the tap and dropped my lilac silk robe to the ground, letting it side limply off my body, only moments before climbing slowly into the bathtub, which was filled with steaming hot water and crunchy bubbles.

I had only just given up on examining the house in search of my absent boyfriend - and it was surprisingly immaculate and showed no traces of the wild party from the night before.
It also showed no signs of Jason, and it didn't take me long to realise that I was the only one in this huge building, and that only made me wonder how long I was sleeping.

The temperature of the water was at a relaxing heat, and it soothed my tense muscles as I dipped my shoulders beneath the surface, fluttering my eyes shut and inhaling deeply, relieving all of my stress and worries -
even if it was only temporary.

I didn't know where Jason was, but the orange dim light, the flowery scented candles and the bubbles that moulded perfectly around my frame only seemed to push him to the back of my mind, and finally...
I felt at ease.

But I should of known that the rare feeling of tranquility wouldn't last, and as soon as the memories of Will settled in my tormented head, I dreaded going back home.
I knew that he blamed me for the fact that his mom found out about his disturbing job as a drug-dealer, and I also knew that he craved some sort of 'revenge'.

That boy has problems.

The more I thought about it, the more anxious I became. One hit in the wrong place could result in dreadful damage to my baby, or death.
Even in the heat of the tub, I shuddered at the thought.
I had rapidly become attached to my unborn child, and the thought of anything happening to her made me feel physically sick.

I laid in the tub for what felt like centuries, overthinking and listening to the gentle sound of cracking bubbles.
And by the time I snapped back into my senses, steam still danced up from the surface of the water, mimicking a genie, and footsteps shuffled from outside the door, alerting me.
Before I could even think about who was outside, two gentle knocks echoed through the tiled room and Jason's melodic voice carried through the misty air.
"Baby? Are you in there?"

I quickly sat up in the tub, my body still lost in the cloud of bubbles, and the still water began to ripple from my sudden movements.
"Yeah." I called back, "I'm in the bath."

"Well get out." Jason's laughter rung pleasantly in my ears. "I wanna show you something."

I groaned and pouted at the thought of leaving my tub of peace. "Is it important?" I muttered, my lips turning up as Jason huffed from outside.

"Very."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I mumbled, before heaving myself out of the steaming water and stepping onto the tiled floor, wrapping a fluffy white towel around my dripping body. "Come in." I called as I tucked each end so that it would remain in place.
The door immediately opened and Jason stood in the doorway, a genuine smile curving on his lips which only caused me to smile as well.
"What are you all happy about?" I chuckled, raising an eyebrow. "And where the hell have you been all morning?"

"I bought you a present, baby." He curled his arm around the wall which separated the bathroom and the corridor, and then tugged a purple suitcase into sight, before pulling it through the doorway and rolling it by the handle towards me.
"It's an early birthday gift." He sunk his teeth into his lower lip whilst grinning adorably, his dimples playing at the corners of his lips.

I returned his smile, and my eyes flickered over his unusual choice of a birthday present. "It's not my birthday for another week, baby." I laughed, shaking my head. "But it's a nice thought, I've always wanted a... purple suitcase." I convinced my voice to sound grateful, but in reality, I was just lost in pure confusion about what this boy was up to.

A throaty chuckle escaped Jason's lips, and his hazel eyes twinkled with amusement.
"Open it up." He commanded.
I furrowed my eyebrows suspiciously, but decided not to question him.
I bent down to my knees and hesitantly tugged on the white zip of the case, pulling it down and opening up.
Dozens of beautiful bikinis, designer sunglasses, denim shorts, floaty tops and bags of makeup were piled up on top of each other, creating one big clutter. A smile grew on my lips and my heart fluttered as I looked up at Jason, who had clearly made the effort to buy all the types of things that I liked for my birthday, but apparently, the look on Jason's face confirmed that I hadn't found the most important 'early' birthday present yet, and his next words made it obvious. "Look under it all." He said, gesturing with his finger.

I began to push all the clothing and accessories around the case, until my hands hit two long strips of paper. I instantly clutched onto them and pulled them out, and I stood up as I read exactly what they were.
And when I finally realised, I gasped and covered my hand with my mouth.
"Plane tickets to the Maldives?" I squealed excitedly.

Jason chuckled, satisfied with my reaction.
He rested his hands on my hips and tugged me closer. "We're getting away from here for a week." He rasped, his lips brushing against mine. "We can sort everything out, and we can fix us." My breath hitched as his hands traveled around my back and started to slide downwards. "We're leaving tonight."

-------------------------

Thanks for reading

this was only short because i just really wanted to update and lately i havent been myself and stuff and i'm just completely exhausted which is why the quality of these past few chapters have been absolutely awfulllllll but now hopefully i can make the next ones better
i'm sorry and i love u and thanks for ur support

(pls remember that once this book is done, every chapter will be edited and some of them may be made longer / more detailed / less cringe .etc)

remember to vote if you liked