28 : Stay with me

Your POV

I swallowed awkwardly.
"I want to stay with Jason."

Both Ellie and Bella's mouths hung open.
"You can't be serious." Ellie said, a forced laugh at the end.

I nodded slowly, trying to fight the urge to cry. "I am. I have to stay with him." I whispered.

"You don't have to, Y/n. You're not his puppet." Ellie said softly.

I shook my head.
"It's more complicated than you think. I can't leave Jason, there's something mentally wrong with him. He's obsessed with me, I wouldn't want him to do something stupid just because I left." I said.

Bella began to cry again which completely broke my heart.
Me and Ellie were the only things she had. She lived in a foster home until Ellie asked if she wanted to move in with her.
Me being kidnapped left Bella with one thing left in the world.

"I miss you, Y/n. I miss you so bad." She sobbed, flinging her arms around my neck, her dark hair ticked my cheek as tears spilled from her blue eyes and onto my shoulder, I inhaled deeply.

"I miss you guys too. But I can't escape. It's impossible."

"We can leave right now. Of course it's possible." Ellie said.

I looked at her as if she was dumb.
"We're talking about Jason McCann here, he gets exactly what he wants when he wants. I love you guys so much but I'm not leaving him." I said stubbornly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump. "I'm glad to hear that babe, but we need to go." I heard Jason say.

I turned around and stood up.
"Go? Why?" I asked in concern.

Jason sighed, anger filled in his eyes.
"I'm not sure, I just spoke to Kaine and he said I need to meet with everyone. So we've got to go." His voice was soft but alarming.

I felt every single emotion building up inside me.
I felt like I was about to explode.
This would have been my last night with my friends, probably the last time I could spend this event with them.
My eyes burned.
"But... the fireworks." I croaked, choking on my own voice.

Jason sighed again and held my shoulders.
"I know and I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you but this is important. Please don't cry, Y/n." He said comfortingly, wiping away a tear that I didn't realise had fell.

I took in a shaky breath.
"Today has just been so eventful."

"How do you mean?" Jason asked.

"Like, you bringing up my parents, then coming to a place where I have so many memories, and then the gun incident, and then seeing two loved ones which I never thought would see again, and now this. And my feelings for you-"

Jason cut me off.
"Woah, slow down. Feelings?" He said softly.

I squeezed my eyes shut.
"I don't know. I don't know what I'm feeling." I admitted, feeling like I had just raised his hopes a little high.

"It's okay to be emotional, Princess. But I need you with me tonight. I can't let anything happen to you." He said softly.

I bit my lip to stop myself sobbing.
"I just want to watch the fireworks."
I looked down at my shoes.

Ellie butted in. "She can stay with us to watch them whilst you...do whatever you're planning on doing." She said, flicking her wrist sassily.

Jason shook his head. "You'll just try and take her away from me." He spat.

Bella shook her head.
"We promise we won't. We just want one more night with our best friend. This night is a tradition, we always used to come here. Please." Bella begged him.

Jason looked at me.
"Y/n, I just can't leave you on a night like this. I have no idea what's going on. What if it's about you? What if..." he trailed off. There was something he wasn't telling me. "What if someone is looking for you and I'm not with you to protect you? It's too risky and I can't afford to loose you." He said.

I swallowed back my tears and looked down. "It's okay. I understand." I whispered.

Jason held my shoulders and shook me playfully.
"No, Y/n. Don't do this. You'll make me feel bad." He said, forcing a laugh and wiping away my tears.
There was a moment of silence between everyone before Jason sighed.
"Fine. I'll call Alara and she'll stay with you guys for the night. But if I call her and tell her you need to come back, you come back okay?" Jason mumbled.

I snapped my head up and flung my arms around him, squeezing him tightly. "Oh my god ,thank you so much, Jason!" I squealed.

He rubbed my back, clearly not comfortable about the decision he had just made but he still managed to smile back.
"Stay safe, okay? Promise me?" He asked, fear etched its way into his voice.

I nodded.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me." I said.

Jason smiled.
"As long as you're happy. Let me just go call Alara." He said and left once again to make another phone call.

"See. He's not all bad." I beamed to my friends.

But they both eyed me in concern.
"He is going to break you, Y/n."

----------------

Thank you for reading :)