27 : Would You Rather

Your POV
I spun around quickly and my heart stopped. Ellie and Bella were stood there, their eyes glossy.

My two best friends.

"How did you-" I whispered, holding back tears but Bella cut me off when she threw her arms around my neck.

She sobbed into my shoulder.
"I thought you had died." She cried.

I wrapped my arms around her, feeling a tear suddenly slip down my cheek.
"You have to go." I choked, pushing her away gently.
I was honestly scared for their lives.

Ellie shook her head, tears spilled around her eyes too.
She rarely cried, and it just made me realise how much I meant to these two girls.
And how much they meant to me.

"We're not loosing you again, Y/n. What happened?" She whispered, her curly dyed-red hair swept back in the wind.

"Please go. I don't want you to get hurt." I wept, knowing that Jason could easily kill both of them in one shot.

"Y/n, you have to tell us what happened? Were you kidnapped? Were you raped?" Ellie pushed, I couldn't lie to her.

She could always tell when I was lying, I had known Ellie my whole life.
"Kidnapped. But I like him." I insisted.

Bella moved her black hair out her face, revealing her blue eyes.
"Like him? Are you insane? And what the hell happened to your arm?" She asked through tears, pointing at the bandage.

"I caught it on something." I mumbled.
Ellie took my hand and pulled me up so I was standing.

"Where is he?" She demanded.

I shook my head frantically.
"He can't know you were here. He'll kill you both." I said, pulling my hand away from her grip, Bella's eyes flickered with fear, but Ellie wasn't afraid of anything, she had an attitude and didn't let people tell her what to do.

"Not if we kill him first." She was obviously joking, forcing a laugh and wiping her tears.

I shook my head.
"And how the hell are you gonna do that?" I said quickly, having a feeling he was on his way back.

"I don't know, but I'll find a way if it saves you from that psychopath. I don't care if I end up in jail." She said, continuing her joke which was anything but funny to me.

I looked at my shoes. "You can't kill Jason McCann."

I sensed the fear between my two best friends, I didn't even have to look at them to know that they were frozen.
"Jason McCann is here?" Bella croaked, her legs began to shake.

"He's not as bad as they say he is. But he'll kill you if you don't leave right now."

Ellie let out a sarcastic laugh. "And you say you like this guy? Jason McCann kills anything breathing." She snapped.

More hot tears rolled down my cheeks and I shook my head.
"He has a heart." I whispered, as crazy as it sounded.

"You're so delusional, Y/n. Grow the fuck up for gods sake." She snapped, taking back my hand but I pulled away again.

"No, stop! You don't understand. He's crazy, and he'll find me. Please!" I begged, but she was a lot stronger than me.

I was weak from all the drama I had been through.
"Y/n, we have to go to the police station. Please we can't loose you." Bella begged.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"What the fuck is going on?"

I felt someone's breath on the back of my neck and my two best friends froze.

I ripped my hand from Ellie's grip and spun around, colliding with Jason's chest.
His expression was unreadable.
"Jason, I promise I wasn't trying to run away, I didn't even know they were going to be here, please believe me." I begged.

Jason wiped away a tear that was rolling down my cheek with the pad of his thumb.
"It's okay, I believe you, Sweetheart." He said calmly.

I relaxed and turned to Ellie and Bella. I could tell by the way they were looking at him that they thought he was hot, but I could also tell that they were scared. Jason cleared his throat awkwardly.
"Bella Coggins and Ellie Steward. Never thought I'd have to see you two again." He said with a forced smile.

The colour drained from both of their faces. Jason wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "H-how do you know who we are." Bella asked in a mouse-like voice.

"Long story. You wanna sit with us?" He offered.

I felt my blood run cold.
Was he actually being nice or was he planning on doing something bad?
I took a shaky breath and bit my lip.
"Jason-"

"It's okay, princess, I don't mind." He smirked at me.

Ellie cleared her throat. "Actually we're gonna take Y/n with us to the police station." She said quietly.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "And why would you want to do that?" He asked dumbly.

Bella collapsed to her knees dramatically. "Because you kidnapped her. You took away out best friend. You took away our sister!" She sobbed.

I felt the pain in my heart increase as I watched my one of my best friends break down in front of me, Jason rolled his eyes.

"Bella, calm down, I'm not hurting her. I'm even offering if you want to sit with us." He said, but there was something odd in his voice.

I tensed.
"I honestly don't think that's a good idea." I said but Jason pushed past me and offered a hand to Bella and he pulled her off the ground. She swooned at his touch.
I rolled my eyes.

"Please, Y/n." He asked, a twinkle in his eye told me he was up to something.

I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him towards me so his chest was pressed against mine. I moved my mouth to his pierced ear.
"If you hurt them, I will never forgive you." I whispered.

Jason clenched his jaw as I pulled back but he quickly changed his expression with a smile. "So, let's sit." He beamed.

He sat down onto the grass and pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his tattooed arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder as we waited for the fireworks.

Bella and Ellie sat beside us awkwardly, whispering between themselves.
After about 10 minutes, Jason gently pushed me off him and stood up.

"Shit babe, I'm sorry, I just have to make a really important phone call." He said.
I smiled and nodded as he wondered off into the night.

"Now's your chance." Ellie said quickly.

I frowned. "What?"

"You can escape."

There was silence for a few seconds.
"I don't want to escape." I whispered.

Bella butted in. "Would you rather stay with a guy you've known for a few months who kills people, or stay with your best friends who you know will never let you down?" She asked.

I sucked my teeth and opened my mouth to answer.

But no words came out.

---------------

Thanks for reading :)