37 : Murderer

Your POV

Kieran leant up against a lamppost in front of an unpleasant ditch filled with silver ribbons of razor wire.
The ditch was clearly there to stop people from crossing onto the main road.
His jaw was tightly clenched and his arms were folded.
I knew it was him.
Every inch of him was tattooed in street-style ink, and he had a full set of gold teeth.

Jason's grip on my hand tightened.
"I'll be okay." He whispered as we approached the intimidating man.

"You said that last time." I muttered.

He took a shaky breath. "Whatever happens, I want you to know that I lov-"

"I don't care."
I swallowed the immediate lump of guilt that formed in my throat.
Of course I cared.
And that's what I was afraid of.

"McCann," Kieran spoke up. "Made a pretty stupid move by killing Luke, am I right?" He smirked.

"Whatever, I couldn't stand to listen to his bullshit," Jason rolled his eyes. "But I need the files, and I want my money back."

"Angelo has them, the leader of the damnation."

"I fucking know who he is," Jason snapped. "Where is he?"

"France, he won't be back for a while so you're just going to make do without your files and money."

"Fuck." Jason sighed.

"You deserve it, McCann," Kieran smirked. "You haven't got long to finish your mission, and by the looks of it, it seems pretty impossible for you. And we both know what will happen if it isn't competed."

"The missions I am assigned are none of your business, so stay out of it." He seethed.

Kieran shrugged and turned to me. "Hey Y/n. So glad to finally meet you. It's been what... three years now?"
My heart hammered.
"I know your dad, y'know?" He said.

A sudden outburst of anger rushed through my blood.
Dad.
The man I hadn't seen in years and years.
The man who was never a dad to me.
My mother and step-father had been blown to pieces on a plane, but my real dad was still out there.
I fucking hated him,
"You know him?"

"Very well," he said. "I met him in prison."

"Doesn't surprise me."

"He spoke about his daughter a lot, he wants to see you so bad."
Kieran's voice was almost hypnotising.
Hot tears pricked the back of my eyes.

"He doesn't deserve to see me."

"I know where he is. I can take you if you want?" A smirk played on Kieran's lips and he stepped forward.

Jason was quick to step in between us both as a single, pearl-shaped tear rolled slowly down my cheek.
"She's not going anywhere with you."

My dad was the man who lingered on the end of every thought.
I remembered the last time I ever saw him.
My four year old self was tugging on his arm as he packed his bags to leave.
Forever.

*

"Please don't leave me, daddy." I wailed, salty tears streamed down my face as I watched him zip up his suitcase.