06 : The Damnation

Your POV

Jason helped me out of the car as we joined everyone on a grand, stone driveway in front of a breathtaking mansion covered in ivy.

"Are you over your fit now, Jason?" Ellie's voice carried over the soft breeze, her voice was irritated.

"Are you really gonna carry this on?" Jason snarled.

"I wasn't the one who made a big deal out of nothing, thank you very much." She flipped her red hair over her shoulder.

"Out of nothing? You have no fucking clue how much you hurt Alara. How much you hurt us all. So I suggest you keep your goddamn mouth shut unless you have something useful to say."

Josh stepped between them both. "Stop it, both of you. You're acting like five year olds."

Jason raised his eyebrows. "Five year olds? Are you fucking kidding me? Don't you dare take her side on this, Kaine was your friend too, it's not okay for her to speak of him like that." He snapped.

Ellie threw her hands in the air. "I don't even know who Kaine is. How the hell did I say anything bad about him?"

Alara exploded. "SHUT UP. ALL OF YOU. SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS." Tears suddenly streamed down her face. "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU. JUST STOP, STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM." She screamed.

Alex rested a hand on her shoulder. "We're sorr-"

"No! I don't want to listen to any of your voices anymore. I'm not helping you. I'll sleep in the goddamn car." She spat as she opened the door.

Jason stared after her. "Alara, don't-"

"Shut the fuck up, Jason."

And with that, she slammed the car door shut and locked it.

Jason shook his head and rolled his eyes "Women." He muttered under his breath.

Ellie sighed. "I just don't understand."

"Maybe that's best." Jason growled and began walking down the pebbled driveway. Of course, he wasn't going to go in the house alone, but he showed no signs of waiting for us, he kicked the little white stones as he made the long journey down to the Manor House.

"What's up with him?" Josh touched my shoulder lightly.

I shook my head. "We had a little... incident at the garage."

Josh sighed. "What happened?"

"Some people recognised me and Jason got pissed." I mumbled.

"And..." Josh pushed.

I pushed past him and began to walk down the long, white pebbled driveway to catch up with Jason. "And people died."

The sound of stones crunching beneath shoes followed behind me.
I heard my my friends muttering quietly as I sped up my pace.
When I was behind Jason, I tapped his shoulder lightly. He flinched but didn't turn around.

"Jason," I mumbled, interlacing my fingers with his. "This is all gonna be over soon."

"Oh yeah? And then what?"