10 : Hidden

Your POV
"I'm going to tell you one more fucking time. Get out my house."
A silver pistol was now dangling from Jason's hand as he stood before the girl he had just had sex with.
The fact that he was willing to kill her just showed how sick he really was.

The tension and silence in the room just made me want to scream.
Before anyone could say anything else, the girl rushed out the door, slamming it behind her.

Jason ran a hand through his messy hair and tossed the pistol onto the counter. "Dumb bitch." He muttered.

"You're the one who fucked her." Jake laughed, clearly too drunk to know what's good for him.

"Shut up," Jason snapped, grabbing a can of beer. "She was all over me and she wouldn't leave in the first place."

"Excuses, excuses," The girl sat on Kaine's lap shook her head. "I think the manwhore just got a little too excited, am I right Jason?" She lit a cigarette and put it between her teeth.

Jason scoffed and jumped up onto the counter. "It's over now. Let it go."

----------------

"Cereal?" Jason held up the box of cornflakes, he stood behind the breakfast bar, in only a pair of gray sweatpants.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

It had been three weeks since I was ripped away from my old life.
And I had been nothing but miserable.

I was surprised I ever made it this far-
I thought Jason would kill me within the first four days.
He hadn't done anything extreme-
To me, at least.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I would hear yelling, and glass shattering, and even gunshots coming from downstairs.
The curiosity would eat me alive-
But I had sense.
There was no way I would go down to see what was happening-
Even if I desperately wanted to know.

Jason and I would get into pointless arguments.
He had such a short temper-
On top of all the other things.

He gets angry at me because I don't love him.
But how am I supposed to?
He kidnapped me, killed my boyfriend and has done God-knows what else.

If I had just seen him walking down the street on a regular day, I would think he was sex on legs.
But his personality made him an ugly person.

"Baby?" His raspy voice cut me from my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Not really." There was no point lying to him.

He rolled his eyes and began to screw the lid off a water bottle.
"I said, I have a gang meeting later and you're coming."

My stomach dropped. "Keep telling yourself that." I muttered.

"I can't leave you alone in the house," he ran a hand through his hair. "If the meeting was here, I would just let you stay upstairs. But it's not, and I need you with me."

"I'm not coming." I crossed my arms over my chest stubbornly.

"You don't have a choice." He gave me a long glare as he took a swig of water.