52 : Prepare To Party

Your POV

I was beyond relieved when Bella came home the next day, accompanied with her boyfriend, Clark, who I had yet to meet.
I had spoken to her on the phone about Jason's party, and she had been reluctant about agreeing to go at first, already aware about the drugs and alcohol that would be present.
She finally said that she would attend on one condition - that Clark comes as well.
I had asked Jason's permission and he said that it would be fine as long as Clark doesn't find out about Jason's real identity.

We had two hours to get ready for the announcement party, and then we would all be escorted there by the host himself.

I had managed to cover up my black eye in time before I heard Bella's and Clark's footsteps approaching the bedroom.
After watching about a thousand cover up makeup tutorials online, the unnatural shade under my eye was barely noticeable, but the swelling was obvious, and all I could do was pray to god that everyone turned a blind eye to it without asking any questions.

The brassy door handle twisted, and muffled voices came from behind the door, only seconds before it was pushed open, revealing Bella and her boyfriend.
"Hey, Y/n." Bella smiled, throwing her bag down onto the floor. "This is Clark, my boyfriend." She jumped straight into introducing him, not bothering to waste any time.

Clark was fairly good looking.
His hair was a dark shade of brown, and was neatly styled.
His skin was unblemished and tanned, and his eyes were a glistening green colour.
He wasn't Bella's usual type, which is why I gladly approved.
"Hey, it's nice to meet you." He smiled politely, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"You too." I replied, returning his smile and connecting my palm against his, a mannered greeting.

"I'm sorry we're so late," Bella apologised, running a hand through her dark hair. "We completely lost track of time, have you started getting ready?"

"I've only done the base of my makeup." I shrugged, biting my lip and hoping that neither of them would observe. "Actually, I'm just gonna go finish, I'll be right back." And with that, I dashed off into the bathroom to complete my face before they could say anything else.

I already had my makeup set out on the bathroom counter, along with my new curling iron that seemed to have been taking forever to heat up.
I sighed and got straight to it, picking up some glittery eyeshadow and applying it delicately to the lid, once satisfied, I began with the eyeliner, concentrating with everything I had to get a straight line and a perfect wing.
Alara's signature look was winged eyeliner, and her's was always flawless.
Excitement ran through me at the thought of seeing Alara, Matt, Jake and Josh after all this time again.
To finally finish with my eye makeup, I carefully applied a subtle set of fake eyelashes and smiled in achievement at my finished look.

Proud was an understatement.
I actually looked alive again.

I exited the bathroom to see Bella browsing through her wardrobe, desperately looking for a perfect dress.
"I don't know what to wear." She groaned irritably, earning a throaty chuckle from Clark who was laying casually on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

"You never know what to wear." He laughed, shaking his head.

I rolled my eyes, relived that I had already picked out my outfit so that I wouldn't have to go through the stress and struggles of searching.
I grabbed the plastic bag from the dressing table and made my way back into the tiled bathroom, unsure if Bella had even noticed me come in.