45 : The Truth To A Lie

Jason's POV

By the time I made it back home, I was completely freaking out.
The girl I am in love with is pregnant with my baby.
In nine months time, I could possibly be a farther.
A farther to a human being with a heartbeat and a brain.
It was all too much to take in.

The scary thing was that my mind and my heart were torn both ways.
Part of me couldn't think of anything worse than a child, but the other could only see it bringing me closer with Y/n.
However, it wouldn't be fair.
I'm Jason McCann, and I would hate to be the same father to this child as my farther was to me.

As soon as I stepped inside my house, I made a phone call to Alara.
She's a girl, she'll understand.
I needed support, I needed help.

"Yo." I said as she picked up the phone after the first ring.

"Why the hell are you calling me so late?" She mumbled instantly, her voice sounded as if I had just woken her up.

"I need your help, it's important." My voice shook. "Can we meet up?"

"Jason, are you serious? it's midnight." She groaned, the irritation was unmistakable. "Can't it wait until the morning?"

"Please, Alara." I was practically begging at this point, and I don't think I've ever been so anxious.

"Fine," She huffed, giving into me. I heard muffled shuffling on the other end of the line and I assumed that she was getting out of bed.
"Where do you wanna meet?"

I thought about it for a second.
"Walster's Bar."
I was in need of a couple of beers to help me sleep tonight.

I heard an exasperated sigh. "I am not dressing up to go to a bar, Jason. Especially not at this time at night." She mumbled, annoyed.

"I couldn't care less if you show up in pyjamas, meet me there in twenty."
And with that I ended the call without giving her a chance to protest.

------------------

Your POV

I hadn't fallen asleep yet.
The rhythmic ticking of the clock, the gentle sound of Bella's breathing and the unusual events of the day were keeping me awake.
It must've been around one o'clock in the morning, and whole of Bella's family were asleep.

Or so I thought.

The sound of shuffling caused me to sit upright in the bed, eyebrows furrowed and suspicions raised.
I knew that it was Will who was downstairs, but I didn't know what he was up to, and my curiosity got the best of me.
I climbed out of bed at an impossibly slow speed, trying my best not to wake Bella up, before padding across the room, out into the landing and tip-toeing down the stairs like a four year old on Christmas night who was hoping to catch a glimpse of Santa.

However, I wasn't fussed about keeping my presence a secret, and as soon as I made it downstairs, I confronted the boy in the black hoodie and who's hands were tightly wrapped.

"What are you doing?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.
I couldn't imagine how ridiculous I looked right now, stood there in my borrowed mickey-mouse pyjamas and with my hair tied up in a birds-nest of a bun.
But I was fed up of suffering with curiosity.
If you want to know something, you've got to go out of your way to find it out what it is.
That's what I've learnt.

Will looked up at me, caught off guard at my sudden appearance.
His eyes instantly pooled with irritation and he swung a black backpack over his shoulder.
"It's none of your business, what are you doing up?" He mumbled, eyebrow cocked and jaw swollen.