54 : Britney Returns

Your POV

After Jason's big announcement, everyone seemed to be partying even harder than before.
The music seemed to be louder, the lights seemed to flash faster and the crazy atmosphere became even more insane.
Some people had passed out on the floor, probably from too many drinks, but when I informed Jason about my concerns for them, all he did was shake his head and tell me that it happened all the time.
It must've been about 2am by now, but the pounding bass didn't even allow anyone to feel tired at all, and the party showed no signs of stopping or even slowing down.

Me, Jason and the gang had remained by the bar ever since the news had been publicised, and every once in a while, someone would approach to congratulate us.
Jason seemed to know everyone, yet there was not one face that I recognised.
I was sat on his lap on a bar stool, happily enjoying the feeling of his arms wrapped loosely around my waist as he spoke to the gang over the music.

"Are you not gonna try out the balloons, Jason?" Alara took a long drag from a cigarette, inhaled and then blew out a misty cloud of smoke, pointing to a group of people at the opposite side of the room, who were inhaling and exhaling quickly into party balloons, and looking completely dazed.

Jason shook his head, resting his chin on my shoulder calmly. "I've done it before." He chuckled at her. "It's nothing special."

Matt crossed his arms over his chest, eyebrows raised. "Says the one who was so excited about getting them when we were at the supermarket, whilst princess Elsa clung to you like a magnet and the two of you sang frozen together." He slurred, instantly beginning to laugh. "Man, you sounded like a dying cat."

Jason returned Matt's laugh, his chest vibrating gently against my back. "Singing just isn't my thing, bro." He snickered. "And I wasn't that excited, I was just thinking about the entertainment of the guests." He shrugged, smirking and hiding his fake guilt.

I looked at him curiously. "What even are they?" I asked, amused at the relaxed conversation.

"The balloons?" Jason glanced over before continuing, his smirk still drawn onto his lips. "They've got this weird gas in them, and it gets you really high. That's all." He explained, chuckling.

A devious smirk curled on Josh's lips as he took a quick swig of his clear drink that could easily pass for water.
However, I knew for a fact that it was not anything so pure.
"Wanna go over there and try it, Y/n?" He teased.

"No, she doesn't." Jason instantly replied for me, shaking his head and continuing to laugh lowly, before he tightened his arms around me like a seatbelt, making a point to his friends that I wasn't going anywhere.

I cracked up in laughter, trying to wriggle out of Jason's grip. "Jason, let go!" I groaned playfully, slapping his tattooed arms.

"Never." He chuckled against my shoulder, before waiting a moment and letting his arms fall loosely to my hips. "Actually, I need to use the bathroom, so you kinda need to get off me, babe." He decided, still laughing and giving me a gentle nudge, signalising me to move.
I rolled my eyes and got up from his lap, and he stood up as well, quickly pecking my cheek. "I'll be right back." He said, before walking away and disappearing into the crowd of dancing bodies.

Josh stepped closer, swaying on his feet.
"Now that he's gone, do you wanna try balloons?" He laughed, his pink-shaded eyes twinkling excitedly.