23 : Alara

Your POV
I laid awake in my bed, my eyes wide open. Staring up at the darkness of my room.
Jason was all I could think about.
The feeling he had just given me.
The hidden weakness I had discovered.
I finally saw how damaged he was.
And how easily he could hurt my heart just as easy he could hurt me physically.
I took in a long shaky breath.
I wanted to be with him right now, I wanted to feel his warmth.

I had felt so alone and tonight, that feeling just vanished when I was with Jason.
I tossed in the white sheets, tangling my legs with the duvet.
I gave in.

As I climbed out of bed, the cold air nipped at my skin and I shivered, wrapping my arms gently around myself and tip toeing to Jason's room.

I creaked open the door and saw him fast asleep on his bed.
I didn't want to wake him, he looked so peaceful.

But I was afraid that in the morning he would wake up and get mad at me.
I rested my hand on one of his broad shoulders and shook him slightly.

He let out a quiet groan as he squeezed his eyes shut.
"You okay, Y/n?" He asked, keeping his eyes closed.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry to wake you. But I can't sleep."

Jason rolled over and pulled away the duvet, offering me a space in his luxurious bed.
I climbed in and pressed my tiny body against Jason's.
I wanted the gap between us to fade.

Something had switched in me that night and I knew it.

As crazy and psychotic Jason was, he just needed someone to love him, I wasn't convinced that person should be me, but I was never going to get out of here, and I couldn't see myself hating him forever.

I traced my hand lightly across his side and he pretended he was asleep, but he was so tense. Opening up to someone was a hard thing to do for him.

I shuffled in my space. Thinking about everything he had said to me, every way he had tried to calm me when I was frightened.

Even if he was the reason.

I squinted my eyes in the dark and saw Jason's bipolar pills on the bedside cabinet, the lid was no longer sealed and it was obvious he had started his new medication.
I smiled.

He was trying.

I rolled over again but Jason wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against his chest. My back was pressed up against his bare skin, closing the space that neither of us wanted.

"Stop moving."

I felt myself release tension that I didn't even know was there.

I relaxed and closed my eyes, slowly drifting into a deep sleep.

------------------

I woke up to an empty bed, I sat up and pressed the heels of my hands to my eyes.
I heard muffled voices downstairs and wondered who was down there, I was also surprised that Jason didn't wake me up to tell me what was happening.

I let it go and hurled myself out of the bed, instantly heading to the shower.
After about half an hour, I got dressed and went downstairs to see Jason with his gang sitting at the kitchen table.

There was another girl sat with them, I had seen her before, she was the one who explained what cocaine was.
I couldn't remember her name.
She looked a few years older than me, maybe Jason's age, she had dark brown hair and blue eyes.
Her skin was unnaturally smooth as well, she sat beside Kaine, resting her head on his shoulder as they spoke.