72 : Tears And Sirens

Jason's POV

I watched in complete horror as Y/n's head slammed against the concrete ground, creating a sickening cracking noise. It knocked her completely unconscious, and it took me a moment to understand what the hell was going on.

Will was lying dead on the floor, and for some reason, one of his stupid, intoxicated friends decided to attack my girlfriend, whilst three of the others screamed and hovered around the body, yelling profanities at me and attempting to make me feel threatened.
The remaining two, however, actually had sense and they bolted out of the car park as if they were being chased by cops.

In reaction, I raced over to the drunk guy who was now standing over Y/n's limp body, with his fist raised high in the air and ready to punch. I grabbed his shoulders from behind and spun him around to face me, before smashing my fist into his nose, resulting in him stumbling and falling mindlessly to the floor.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I instantly screamed at him, before repeatedly booting my foot against his stomach. "Stand up."

He spluttered and curled into a ball on the floor. "Stop." He choked out breathlessly. "P-please."

"Stop?" I kicked him again, harder this time, which I'm positive made him feel nauseous. "Is that what you just fucking said to me?"
I continued to abuse his body until he lost the ability to function properly, and he shook on the floor, crying out in pain.
I looked up at the guys crowding around their friend's dead body. "All of you, get the fuck out of here," I hissed, before pointing to the bloody mess beside my feet. "And take your friend with you."

By this point, they barely hesitated, and it only took them a maximum of two minutes to drag away the beaten man, completely disappearing out of the car park, leaving Will's body behind.

I couldn't have been less worried about the evidence or the possible witnesses, because I never got caught.

But the one thing that troubled me most...

Was the place that Y/n got hit.

Her stomach.

———————————

Your POV

I woke up as if someone had flipped a switch in my brain. There was no stirring, no temporary blurred vision, and no tiredness.

All I felt was agony.

Jason was kneeling down next to me and his quivering arms were in the process of wrapping around my unmoving body, one of them snaking around my shoulders and the other sliding under the bend in my legs so that he was cradling me like a delicate baby.
But when he began to lift me from the concrete ground, I realised how delicate I really was.

The pain increased at the subtle movements, and I screamed out, feeling tears prick at the backs of my eyes;
Jason flinched, only just realising that I had regained consciousness.
My head was pounding, my spine felt barely functional, I constantly felt as if I was going to throw up and my stomach was twisted and clenched.
The pressure of Jason's hands on my body made this torturous feeling ten times worse.
"Stop, you're hurting me." I choked out in a panic, my breathing coming out in short quick breaths.

Jason's eyes instantly collected with concern, and he lowered me back down, gently positioning my head on his lap so that the side of my face wouldn't get scratched from the gravel. "Fuck, I'm so sorry baby." His voice shook and his eyes flickered over me, filling with something I could only describe as fear.
Fear was a rare emotion for Jason to visibly wear, and the fact that he literally looked petrified settled an uneasy feeling inside my stomach. "I was just trying to get you in the car." He whispered. "You need a hospital."