05 : A Hell Of A Ride

Your POV
I listened to the woman listing the people who had been killed.

I heard the names but it didn't make sense.
The couch seemed to shift beneath me, and my knees hit the cold, hard floor.
I knelt in front of the flickering tv.
Salty, pearl-shaped tears rolled down my cheeks, drenching my shirt.

My hand clasped over my mouth.
It couldn't be true.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Jason called from across the open-plan room. He kept his back to me, and that's how I wanted it.

I tried to hold back my sobs, but it just wasn't happening.
"J-Jason, my..." I couldn't finish, I just burst into pools of tears.
They showed no sighs of stopping, one bead of water falling after the other.

Jason whipped around quickly and rushed over to me, the sudden glint of concern had returned in his caramel eyes.
He knelt by my side and grabbed my hand in his. "Y/n, calm down. Just breathe."
His voice was now calm and soft, as if he was a completely different person.
It made me almost forget the agonising situation I was in.
He squeezed my hand tighter, trying to stop it from shaking. "I know this is a lot to take in, and I hate that I have to put you through this, but I don't have a choi-"

"Enough about the goddamn kidnap already, my parents are dead." I cried.

Jason's eyes pooled with an emotion I simply couldn't read, his eyes darted over to the tv, then to his gang, and then back to me.

I covered my face with my hands, I didn't want him to watch me fall apart.
I felt his hands wrap around my wrists.
"Look at me."
I shook my head, sobbing helplessly.
He tugged my wrists away but I kept my head down, avoiding his gaze, unwilling to see the questions and sympathy I knew I would see in his eyes.
"Look at me, Goddamnit." His voice was harder this time and made me flinch, I raised my head slowly and his dark brown eyes drilled into me.

They were full of guilt.

My breathing quickened up, I wanted to scream but every sound I made was melted away by the silence of the room. I clutched my chest, trying to catch my breath.
My mother was dead. My step-dad was dead. And I was about to be kidnapped by the most wanted criminal in America.
"Y/n, Y/n, listen to me, can you hear me?" Jason's muffled voice echoed as he spoke, the world around me began to blur.
Until I finally lost the feeling.
Everything darkened into nothingness as I passed into a deep, empty sea of unconsciousness.

"Y/n, baby. Wake up."
I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me gently.
My eyes slowly flickered open and the blurred world slowly came into focus.
A familiar boy cradled me in his arms, from his kind, emerald green eyes,
to his soft full lips,
to his muddy brown hair.

I recognised him instantly and jumped back.
"Chris?" My tone dripped with confusion and fear.

"Shh. It's okay, baby. I'm here." He wrapped his arms around me again, but I moved away further, so he wouldn't be able to touch me.

"That's the point. How are you here? Jason killed you."
I looked around, we were sat in my room, the white crisp sheets were ironed smooth, the blinds were shut and the digital clock read 4am.

"Who's Jason, babe?" He had concern written all over his face.

"Jason McCann," the memories flooded back into my mind. "And my parents are dead." I began to sob.

Chris scooted closer to me and attempted to embrace me again.
This time, I let myself feel it.
"What are you talking about, Y/n? They're downstairs right now." He mumbled in my ear.