12 : Screams

Your POV

Nick let Alex's body drop to the concrete.
"No!" Alara let out a piercing scream so raw and guttural it made my skin crawl. She collapsed onto the floor sobbing.

My dad just murdered one of my best friends.
"Oh my god!" Was all I could splutter out.

Nick stepped away from the body, moving slower than before.
Jason stared at his brother's body, and his breathing sped up.

Suddenly, I felt my dads hands wrap around my neck and pull me away from Jason.

"No! Stop, please." I begged, clawing at his big hands.

Jason lunged toward him, his eyes filled with fear, but Matt pulled him back, afraid Jason might get hurt to.

"Let her go! Please." Jason's voice was mixed with so much anger and pain, tears rolled uncontrollably down his cheeks.
I squeezed my eyes shut.
I couldn't bare to see him like that.

Nick's grip on my neck tightened and I gasped, struggling for air.

"I'll ask you again," the man spoke slowly, his cold breath on the back of my neck. "What happens when you don't finish your mission?"

Jason ripped away from Matt and stood directly in front of me, his eyes were even more swollen than before.

"The damnation will kill me, and my gang. They'll kill us all. Please let her go." Jason's voice cracked, tearing me apart.

The man's hands closed around my neck even tighter, making it barely possible to get any air at all, I tried to say Jason's name, but I couldn't get any words out.

"Let her go? Even though she-" Nick began but Jason wouldn't let him finish.

"Please don't hurt her. I'm begging you." More tears rolled down Jason's cheek, and it hurt to watch.

Suddenly, the man let go and I fell to the ground, holding my neck and gasping for air. Jason instantly dropped beside me and pulled me close to him. "You're okay." He whispered shakily, wrapping his arms around me tightly as if he never wanted anything to touch me again.
I saw my dad walk away from the corner of my eye and I relaxed, trying hard not to let the tears fall.
"Shh, baby. I've got you." His voice was soft, I wanted to hear nothing but him talking to me and I wanted to feel nothing but his arms around me.
I wanted nothing but him.
He stroked my hair and I buried my face in his shoulder.
"We can fix this, I promi-" Jason stopped talking.
Mid sentence.

I heard screams, but they sounded miles away.
I heard someone groan in pain, but that sounded even further.
I heard someone scream my name, but that sounded like it came from another planet.
Jason's body stiffened quickly and he fell backward.

"No!" The words tore from my throat, but it was already too late.

Jason had been shot.

I scrambled forward and pulled him up, I held his shoulders and shook him. "Jason, look at me." I begged, his eyes remained closed and he didn't respond.
I'm losing him. If I haven't lost him already.
"Look at me, please!" I yelled.
Blood poured from his chest and my heart shattered into a billion pieces.
"Wake up! I need you."

Suddenly, I felt an unbearable pain in my shoulder.
Then everything went black.

------------------

Thank you for reading
Short N Sad. Whoops