57 : Men Carry Guns, Boys Don't

Jason's POV

I felt the gun press further against my skull, and I didn't need an explanation to understand that the person behind me was signalising me to hang up the phone, but with Y/n whimpering on the other end of the line, I ignored all the threats and focused on trying to calm her down.
"Y/n, please stop crying." I said softly, sinking my teeth into my lower lip and trying to think of all the possible reasons why she was so upset. However, right now was not the time or the place to ask for details. "I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise."

I heard shuddering breaths, which only exaggerated the fact that she was insanely agitated about something. "You will come back, won't you?" She whimpered quietly, her words were hardly audible.

A sharp ache hit me straight in the chest, as I realised that she was beginning to doubt me. "Of course I'll come back." I promised, more to myself than to her. "I'll always come back, Y/n. You know that."

Silence lingered around me for a moment, and the pressure of the gun only seemed to increase, warning me.
Eventually, when Y/n spoke again, she sounded vulnerable and apologetic.
"I'm sorry about earlier." She whispered.

I sighed, knowing that I was deeply testing the person who was holding my entire life in their hands.
I didn't know anything about the individual, and I especially didn't know the quality of their patience.
That's what made this situation a whole lot more dangerous than it usually would be.
"It's not your fault, baby." I reassured. "We'll talk about it when I get back, and we'll make it work. I give you my word."

Y/n sniffled, and it made my heart ache as I imagined her alone in tears. "I love you." She reminded me, which instantly put me at ease.

The corners of my lips turned up slightly in a subtle smile, but I knew that my time was running short. "I love you too, but I've got to go. If I'm not back by six, go to sleep and I'll be there when you wake up."

"But-"

"I love you," I repeated quickly, before instantly putting down the phone and shoving it back into my pocket.
Then I waited.
Not for a bang, and not for searing pain, and definitely not for complete loss of consciousness, but for words.
However, the individual said nothing, and after a what seemed like a minute, I realised that this person was not going to be the first to talk.
"You gonna shoot me or what?" I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"I fucking ought to." The male voice hissed threateningly. I had met the guy once, but his distinctive voice rang in my ears and I knew that the person behind me was Will.

I turned around to face him, my eyebrows raised and my lips tugging up in amusement.
I nodded towards the black pistol in Will's shaking hands, something he had obviously never used before. "You might want to turn off the safety mode." I suggested, knowing that this kid didn't have the balls to kill me.

Will ignored my advice and continued to glare at me with so much hatred. I studied him as he thought about what to say, and I pieced together his visible strengths and weaknesses.
Muscles bulged in his arms which clearly had the power to do some damage.
I understood why Y/n's black eye was so severe, and it only made me hate this guy even more when I thought about him attacking my girlfriend.
"You're trespassing." Will sneered.

I cocked my head to the side slowly, narrowing my eyes. "What are you gonna do about it?" I provoked.
I knew damn well that I wasn't going to have to suffer a bullet wound tonight, and part of me sensed that the lethal weapon wasn't even loaded.

Will leaned forward, his eyes thinning into slits. "I'm going to make sure you're sorry." He whispered.

A moment passed whilst I tried to contain my laughter, but I couldn't hold it for very long before I ended up chuckling in his face.
"Me? Sorry?" I snickered, before deciding to speed things up. "Let me get something straight, man." I ripped the gun out of his hands and tossed it across the room casually, and it spun against the wooden floor boards as I stepped forward threateningly, causing Will's face to turn from nervousness to absolute horror and he reacted by stepping back, I followed his footsteps, guiding him towards the wall. "There's a difference between someone who carries a gun, and someone who uses a gun." I pulled out a black pistol and pressed it to the side of his head, and he shrunk back like a frightened mouse. "See, a gun like this one. But I'm not gonna use it tonight, because I can make you feel just as much pain with my fucking hands." The anger etched it's way into my voice as visions of Y/n taking a beating raced through my mind like a horror film. I threw my own gun, and stepped closer again. By this time, Will's legs were practically shaking. "If you think you're such a man for beating my girlfriend, stand up straight and fight like one." I spat.

A silent moment lingered, before Will's expression turned from fear, to realisation and then to some sort of humour. When he finally spoke, his voice sounded different and inhumane.
I wasn't threatened, but I was alert.
"You're Jason McCann." He stated, straightening himself out.

I rolled my eyes. "Congratulations on your ability to point out the fucking obvious." I sighed, clenching my fists.

Will was suddenly more confident and he pouted sarcastically. "Are you sad that I gave your girlfriend a black eye?" He sniggered, provoking me and causing my head to pool with confusion.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

"Don't." I warned, my voice low and sinister.

"Why?" Will was far too amused for my liking. "You gonna punch me like you did the other fucking night?" He snarled.

My lips curled up into a menacing smile. "No." I whispered. "This time, I'm going to kill you."

----------------

Thanks for reading

vote if you liked

if the quality of this chapter is shit, it's because I'm writing under the desk at school oops

GUYS
i asked my biology teacher a pregnancy question purely for the sake of this story and then she reported me and the head of the school pulled me out of class to fucking ask if i was pregnant what the actual fuck pahahaha
and then i told him i was asking for a story, and he asked for the name so now i'm literally praying to god that he doesn't find this

ROGUEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara