61 : You're In My Way

Jason's POV

If these cops thought that I had never been restrained in handcuffs before, they were pretty fucking stupid.

I was beyond bored, still sitting on the curb with my hands chained tightly behind my back as officers circulated around the porch and the quiet street, some of them occasionally disappearing behind the line of police cars to talk to Will.
I threw my head back and groaned.
I was exhausted, and all I wanted to do was go home and curl up in bed with my girlfriend wrapped around me.

I could not be bothered to do all the necessary things that I would need to get out of this pathetic mess -  but I knew that if I wanted to stay free, dodging my upcoming performance was not an option.

However, wriggling out of handcuffs was a long and painful process, which usually left my flesh completely skinned and sometimes even broke my wrists.
I let out an exasperated sigh, fluttering my eyes closed and listening to the quiet chatter of the officers.

"He's not going to cooperate," I instantly recognised the older officer's western accent, and irritation carried through it unmistakably. "I say we just take him straight to the station and let the agents deal with him there."

My eyes flickered back open and I was alert.
I strained my ears to pick up more of the conversation, and I realised that my limited time to escape was steadily running out.

"The agents are already on their way, Sir," The female officer spoke, and her voice sounded smaller and more respectful. "They'll be here within half an hour, and imagine how difficult the transport will be. The boy won't even stand up." She said.
A sharp sensation of satisfaction shot through my body as the cops began to realise that I was far more difficult to control than anyone else.
"He seems unpredictable, it'll be safer for everyone to wait here."

The older man crossed his arms over his chest.
"I hope you're right, Officer Falls." He grumbled. "You know how much I hate wasting time." His pale eyes locked with mine, and they pooled with suspicion and anger.
I glared back at him, daring him to look away.

The woman cleared her throats and ran a hand through her shoulder-length hair. "Of course," She began. "Which is why I suggest we examine the house again to kill time, we have only collected two weapons, but theres a possibility that could be more." She suggested, nodding towards the home that belonged to Bella's family.
It appeared to be empty, and I wondered where everyone had disappeared off to.

"Agreed." He muttered, before calling over a few of the other officers and gesturing with his wrinkled hand.
He didn't break eye contact with me when he stepped onto the porch, accompanied with four other uniformed men with guns strapped to their hips. When they vanished through the door, I thought about my escape plan, and weighed my choices.

I could either break out of the cuffs with the risk of severely damaging my wrists, or I could simply charm that young, untrained officer into using her keys.
I had noticed her about half an hour ago, and the way she mindlessly hovered around the other cops just made it obvious how unsure she was about this situation.
It was probably one of her first days on the job, and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to take advantage of her uncertainty.
Flirting with female officers just so I could make an escape was not something that I had to be introduced to.

I searched through the small crowd of blue uniforms until my eyes laid on her.
She was stood quite far apart from the others, who were all immensely firing questions at the ground behind the cars, where I assumed Will was sat.
She looked completely lost, and twiddled with her fingers nervously. She couldn't have been older than eighteen, and I could sense her insecurity.