44 : Conflict By The Door

Your POV

Jason drove slowly through the inky night sky, with one hand on the wheel and the other resting harmlessly on my thigh.
The silence that lingered wasn't awkward, and it was peaceful and calming... For the first ten minutes of the journey.
It gave me way too much time to overthink.
The thought of this baby instantly made me feel nauseous, and my stomach twisted in knots. "Jason?" I mumbled.

"Hmm?" He kept his eyes on the road, looking relaxed and untroubled.

"What are we gonna do?" I mumbled, gazing down at my hands awkwardly.

He knew exactly what I was talking about, and he glanced over at me, his eyes pooling with uneasiness and hesitation.
Eventually, he sighed and ran a hand through his golden locks.
"I don't know," he murmured. "But we'll make the right decision, I know we will."

"But what is the right decision? I don't know if me and you would be able to handle a baby. Not yet, at least." I felt my heart pound faster. "I think I want to get an abortion."
The words came out and I felt sick.
If I did this, I would be killing an innocent and precious gift. My heart was torn both ways, and my head spun.

Jason's jaw visibly clenched.
"I'm supporting you in whatever you choose, Y/n. But this is our baby, it's our son or daughter that's growing inside you."
His hands clenched around the wheel.

A hard thump formed in my throat.
"What are you saying?" I whispered.

He let out a loud sigh and shook his head.
"I don't know," he admitted unsteadily. "It's just so hard to believe. We're both so young and... I just don't know."

I sucked in a shaky breath and waited a moment before speaking.
"Do... Do you want to keep it?" My voice was almost impossible to hear, but Jason managed to make out what I was saying and he tensed.

He chewed nervously on his lower lip.
"Y/n... I think we both need time to think about it before we make that kind of decision. I think it would be a big risk, but..." the hesitation in his voice only made it obvious how scared he really was about this. "Me and you could make this work if we really wanted to."

I held my breath. "I'm scared, Jason."

He nodded. "I am too, this is a big thing for us." He glanced over again and flashed a gentle and reassuring smile. "But we've got each other now, we can get through anything."

----------------

By the time Jason pulled up on Bella's driveway, it was half eleven.
And I was late.

Very late.

I noticed a figure standing by the door.
Arms folded across his broad chest, and body leant up against the brick wall.
His hood was pulled over his head, but I instantly knew who he was.
Will.

Over the past month of living at Bella's house, Will hadn't taken much of a liking towards me.
He barely spoke to me, and the few times that he did, he would be complaining about one thing or another.
Bella had told me that it was just the way he was, but I never felt welcomed in Will's presence.
There was definitely something off about him, and my suspicions rose every single time I heard the door open in the middle of the night.
He'd be gone for hours, and not even Linda would know where he had disappeared off to.

To sum it up, Will did not get along with anyone.

I slipped out the black sports-car and Jason did the same, he was obviously curious about the mysterious boy who lingered by the house like a ghost.
Walking up to will, he noticed and instantly stood up straight.
"Where the fuck have you been?" Will began.

"I'm just late." I flinched back slightly at the instant aggressive vibe that came from him. "Calm down."

"Yeah, you're late by an hour and a half. Bryan and Martin are in there trying to convince my mom not to phone the fucking police, and Bella's worried sick." He pointed to the house just to make a point, before he looked at Jason, stepping forward threateningly. "And who the fuck are you?"

Jason instantly took a step forward as well, closing the gap between them. "I could ask you the same thing," he began, "And do not get in my space."
He spoke slowly, more like a warning than a sentence, he cocked his head; obviously not intimidated.

"I'll get in your space if I fucking want to get in your space, you're the one who's on my property, bringing my sisters best friend home at fucking midnight."
Will was around the same height as Jason, but he wasn't half as strong.
However, the visible power in Jason's chest and arms was concealed by a thick, black hoodie.

"Take a step back, man." Jason said lowly, his jaw was tightly clenched and his hands tightened into fists by his side.

"Or what?" Will snapped, unreasonably angry.
"What the fuck are you gonna do-"

Jason's fist connected with Will's jaw before he could even see it coming.
His head swung to the side from the impact, and the veins in his neck pulsed.
"Don't test me, cause I don't have any patience for guys like you. Take a minute to realise who the fuck you're talking to."
His voice was low and threatening.

I instantly covered my mouth, stunned at how fast this conversation had escalated into a scrap.

Will stumbled back, caught off guard.
But when he regained his balance, he took a confident step forward, preparing to have a fight with America's most dangerous criminal.
Great.

I had little respect for Will, but the small amount that I did have, caused me to quickly step between the two guys, who both had a sudden and unnecessary hatred for each other.
"Stop it." I snapped to the both of them. "What the fuck is wrong with you both? You met each other like... a minute ago." I rolled my eyes at the pathetic situation.

"He got in my face." Jason shrugged as if it was nothing. "Not my fault he thinks he's all it."

"You need to get the fuck off my driveway."
Will seethed. "Before I -"

"Before you what?" Jason laughed in his face, amused. "What the fuck are you gonna do to me, huh?"

Will showed no signs of intimidation, and no signs of pain either, despite the fact that his jaw must've been throbbing from Jason's lethal punch.
Before Will could reply, the door unlocked and the whole of Bella's family stepped out, who had obviously heard all the noise.

"What's going on?" Bryan was the first to speak and Jason rolled his eyes, shoving his hands into his pockets casually.

"I was just dropping Y/n off, it's my fault she's late, and I apologise." He mumbled, his tone sounding bored.

"Oh honey," Linda rushed over to me as if I had been beat up. "I was so worried about you. I thought you had done something stupid like -"

"I know." I interrupted her, unwilling to let her finish her sentence and hint to Jason how broken I had actually been. "I'm sorry." I said sincerely. I spun on my heel and glanced at Jason. "Thanks for the lift." I smiled gently and headed inside.

What a night.

---------------------

Thanks for reading

lmao I pierced my own ears and i kept on missing the space I wanted it so now I've got like 7 holes in my right ear rip

Vote if you liked ❤️