13 : Heaven With A Ceiling Fan

Your POV

I opened my eyes to blinding white light.
Am I dead?
Am I in heaven?

I replayed the last events I could remember in my head.
My dad shot me.
And he shot Jason too.

Were we both dead?

"Jason?" I called out, but my voice came out weak and croaky. "Mom? Dad? I'm here."
No one replied.
"Jason?"

Panic struck through me.
What if he had gone to hell?

"Jason!" I called out again.

But then my vision focused on a spinning ceiling fan, and when I tried to move, an oppressive pain consumed me and I felt instantly nauseous.

Someone gave my hand a light squeeze.
He mumbled something to me, but his muffled voice sounded distant and far away.

"Jason?" I squeezed his hand back, relief flooding through me as I realised he was okay.

But then all that relief was sucked out of me, along with most of the air in my body.
"No Y/n. It's Matt," He said. I turned to see a blurred figure beside my bed, and as my vision focused further, I realised I was not in heaven, but in a hospital. "Take it easy, you're okay." Matt said.

I don't care if I'm okay.
I want Jason to be okay.

"Where's Jason?" My heart thudded against my chest and my breathing quickened. "I need to see him right now."

"Shh," Matt tried to calm me down and his eyes welled up. I had never seen him cry. "Y/n, listen-"

"Where is he?" I sat up quickly, my heart thudded faster and I tried to ignore the excruciating pain that shot through my body. I couldn't control my breathing and I felt like I was about to puke.

"We need a nurse in here please!" Matt called loudly, and three nurses ran in, accompanied with Josh and Jake.

"No, Matt, I'm fine," I tensed as the nurses rushed towards me. "I just want to see Jason."

Jake, Matt and Josh exchanged looked that already told me too much.
'Tell her,' Jake mouthed at Matt.

"Tell me what?" My eyes burned, this couldn't be happening. "Matt! What happened-"

But before I could finish my sentence, a nurse injected me with a needle and I fell into a heavy sleep.

---------------

The second time I awoke, the room was darker and Alara was by my side, clutching my hand and sobbing.
"You're finally awake again." She sniffed.

"Alara..." my voice was unsteady. "What happened?" I didn't know if I was prepared for the answer.

She let go of my hand and cried into hers. "Everything went wrong. Your dad, he killed Alex, he shot Jason and he shot you."

I hesitated. "Where's Jason?" My voice came out in a whisper and a hard lump formed in the back of my throat.

Please no.

Alara shook her head and cried harder.
"I'm sorry, Y/n."

"If he's dead..." saying those first three words killed me. "Then I want you to lie to me. If he's dead, tell me he's alive."

Alara looked up at me, her big eyes were red and swollen.
"He's alive."

------------------

Thank you for reading.

Sorry it was short

I'm staying up to write tonight because I'm really enjoying this storyline. 

I love you guys so much, thanks for all the votes and comments ❤️