"The past should stay in the past"

(Basically the whole idea behind this is that SoSu was romantically involved with Roger Maxson before the bombs fell and now they are faced with his only living descendant- Arthur Maxson.)

How could you have been so foolish?

Perhaps it was the last breath of hope you had fueling your actions, whatever shred of a dead past you could scramble to sink into. Of course, you knew damn well that your love didn't survive. There was no way that he could've. Against all odds, you knew deep within the pit of your stomach that Roger Maxson- the man you called your dearest, had burned to a heavily irradiated crisp. His acerbic wit couldn't have saved him, nothing could've.

Just like with everything else you knew, he was yet another piece of a world that was violently ripped away within the blink of your eyes.

Or..at least that is what you had thought.

When the truth of his survival reared its atrocious face, the sorrow you felt couldn't have been consoled even by sleep. No tears shed, yet all the hollowness of true melancholy sickeningly twisted your gut. Nothing could quite compare to this final blow. Roger Maxson, the man you adored, the man you had planned to make caramel apples with as a part of your Halloween festivities- not only survived the bombs, but didn't bother to even see if you had made it. Instead he courageously created this..this Brotherhood Of Steel.

Was there a greater pain than knowing you were purposefully abandoned? Sure, there was comfort in the musing of him leaving you within that icy prison for your own safety..but you didn't even know if that was a thought that ever crossed his mind.

So, again, How could you have been so damn foolish?

Joining the faction your former beloved created was a strange decision on your part. At least you were safe. Hell, the routine, the safety, and the ability to trust another person was probably the best thing to happen to you since you entered the wasteland. Alas, following the trend of your horrid life- this too was disrupted.

It was simple enough to board that vertibird with your new commanding officer, even friend, heavens know it wasn't the first time you flew in one. Roger was always able to weasel his way into being able to use military resources for anything but their intended purposes. It was actually quite liberating, being able to fly so high with the promise of meeting whatever unlucky bastard it was that assumed the position of the man that broke you.

That's when it all came crashing down.

The moment you entered the glorious metallic halls of the Prydwen, something told you to turn on your heels and leave it all behind. Something felt wrong deep down, and yet even your own intuition couldn't have prepared you for what met you next. The very second you locked eyes, you felt sick to your stomach.

Ice blue eyes. Those terrible, gorgeous eyes, blazing into you with some terrifying strike to your very soul. Yes, a plethora of people posses blue eyes- some even more beautiful than the pair that stared back at you with unamused confusion. However none could quite compare, for you knew these were the eyes of the man that haunted your dreams at night. Shadows of his loving kisses, passionate trysts, and even the sorrow those remarkable eyes held whenever the man behind them had to bid you fair well and leave you for months on end at your little home all alone.

Those were Roger's eyes. You knew it. You knew it the second he looked at you, you knew it and you hated it.

As though that wasn't enough, the Paladin at your side had confirmed this painful conclusion- proudly announcing that you now "stand in the presence of Elder Maxson, last of the revered Maxson line." That in itself was enough to make the floor lose its solidity, feeling as though instead of being stable- it was now swaying like an untamed sea beneath your feet.

The longer you gazed upon the esteemed boy in front of you, the more it hurt. The more you could spot similarities of Roger in another man, a man that descended from him.

It was all you could do to stomach speaking to him, your throat catching on every sentence as an unbearable throb in your chest began to resurface after months of laying dormant. That night hadn't been any easier- the realization that Roger not only abandoned you, but also had an entire family with another woman carving away at what was left of your fragile sanity. That was supposed to be you..you were his wife, not some other woman. What did you do to deserve this pain? All you could do was stare emptily at the ceiling above you, sleep not even once serving as an option.

Now you truly felt that your life had been shattered.

How were you going to tell your Elder that you couldn't look him in the eyes because he was nothing but a reminder of your greatest heartache?

Fallout Preferences and Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें