"Stitches with some kisses" paladin danse x sosu fluff

(In honor of me getting stitches irl, I thought I'd write something short and sweet with my favorite Paladin)

If there was one thing the nuclear apocalypse guaranteed, it was that getting hurt was inevitable. That was life, actually. However..perhaps joining a military force didn't exactly help that situation out..

It was a typical "clear out" type of mission. A certain place was reported to have desirable tech and just so happened to be infested with super mutants, hence making it a perfect target for you and your fellow Brotherhood soldiers to eradicate as soon as Elder Maxson gave the order. Thankfully, and just as you would've thought, nothing went too terribly bad- in fact, Maxson had even been kind enough to allow you and your "not so secret" CO turned partner coordinate the entire onslaught.

The only incident you could complain about was that you let your guard down for just a couple fateful seconds and unfortunately allowed the opportunity to be bit by one of those mutated mutts. Of course, it fucking sucked, but it could've been a whole hell of a lot worse. Honestly you were thankful another knight was watching and got the hound off of you before it could rip your leg clean off.

Nonetheless..Danse didn't treat it quite as lightly. Which brings you to your current state, safely aboard the Prydwen, granted the privacy of shared quarters, dressed only in one of Danse's old workout shirts and a pair of loose fitting shorts all while laying on your side as the previously mentioned man tenderly peeled way the bandage covering Cade's topnotch stitch work.

Despite the mild burning sensation that came with the wound's exposure, you couldn't help but grin at the dark haired man. "Don't you think it's a medical scribe's job to tend to injuries?" You playfully asked him, the look he gave you coupled with the rolling of his eyes in return nearly making you chuckle.

"I suppose it is.." He sighed, taking extra special care to sit down as gently as possible whilst rolling the cart containing all the readied wound dressings over towards the side of the bed. "However, I seem to recall countless times where you have taken the liberty to assume that duty in order to tend to my wounds. It's only fair I do the same." He so calmly spoke, finally returning the slightest grin before his eyes once more went to the aggravated, raised stitches left from the hound's bite.

By all means, Danse was no Captain Cade, but he was resourceful. Even before he ever enlisted in the brotherhood, Danse just had to know the basics of medical care in order to survive. Years of recon missions only further advanced his practice. As such, with a certain gentleness in his motion that seemed to only be a privilege bestowed onto you, Danse worked to redress the wound.

All the while Danse worked, you could see the worry build on his face. You just knew he was beating himself up about something he couldn't have stopped, you could practically hear the "If I hadn't blah blah blah" or better yet, "Maybe if you blah blah blah" going on in that terribly self-critical mind of his. Well, even if that was not the case, your love didn't speak not once until he was finished. What was so remarkable- maybe due to the comfort of him of all people doing it- even with his lack of medical expertise, Danse somehow made the process virtually painless. No harsh stinging, no vomit inducing wincing..nothing.

To make it all the better, once he was truly finished and had cleaned up the "work area", he leaned in the slightest bit and pressed a tender kiss to your leg, amber eyes shortly meeting your own afterwards before he finally made his way at your side.

"Thank you.." "Not necessary...now let's rest, I don't think Cade will take kindly to you popping a stitch." And with that, he draped his arm around your waist and sighed- silently thanking whatever higher being out there that he still was able to hold you.