Let me care for you

(Ahhhhhhhh, I can never think of a good way to start drabbles)

If nothing else, Piper was a dedicated woman. If there was something that needed to be revealed, no matter how dangerous, so long as it benefited the people, she'd give her last breath to pursue it. This trait of course was admirable, however it was also quite possibly the most annoying aspect of who she was all at the same time.

This wonderful persistence of course bled into several other parts of her life. She was stubborn, hard to change her mind, and frankly it was easy to get into an argument with her despite how much the two you aim to avoid such instances. However arguments bothered you very little compared to nights such as these.

A couple days ago it started mild, just a sniffle or an occasional cough..but as the days went on, Piper managed to come down with a serious cold. As of now, she was weak, irritable, and in pain. Doctor Sun- as she would like to remind you- has done all he could, prescribing some weird concoction that would only seem good enough to be considered "medicine" by someone born and raised in the wastes. Not to be mistaken, Piper took the obscure substances exactly how he directed, yet there was just one thing she didn't do..

"Piper, babe, it's nearly two in the morning.." You started, quick to receive a rather rude dismissing wave of her hand as the other viciously worked to type her thoughts. "Come on, this can wait.." Yet all you admonishing got was a nasty glare over her shoulder.

Already beginning to type once more, she sighed. "Look blue, I understand that you're worried." She paused for just a moment, granting some glimmer of hope that she just maybe was considering what you were telling her...only for her to bite into her bottom lip and resume with a renewed vigor. Great, that means some fantastical "attention grabber" just came to her. She wasn't going to stop anytime soon. "You heard Sun though! I'll be perfectly fine." "Yes, fine if you rest.."

To this she shook her head, the blanket she had wrapped around her body slipping with the movement. "Whatever.." She murmured, not fully comprehending how rude her dismissive attitude was, or how much it bothered you that she plainly refused to care for herself.

"Whatever?" You grumbled, taking a couple steps closer. You knew better than to raise your voice, nat was asleep. "Excuse me for actually trying to make you get well." Came your scoff, careful to hide the upset her "whatever" had caused. Piper was fickle, you knew that if she thought you were getting angry, she'd just use that as an excuse to do what she felt like and justify it.

"No need to get you vault suit in a twist.." she muttered half heartedly, her tongue farting out to wet her bottom lip as she leaned in to her typewriter. "Actually......" the clacking of her fingers against the ancient keys only grew in intensity, making one wonder how sparks haven't started to fly. "I think I've found a decent...stopping point!" And with one final click, she turned to you with a stupid smug smile on her maroon smeared lips and a ridiculous gleam of satisfaction in those wondrous green orbs of her's.

"....get you ass in bed before I throw that typewriter out the door."