"Patience Is Essential" (Paladin Danse x Reader)

Sometimes things happened for no apparent reason. Sometimes they were inversely, boringly predictable as well. Well, the latter could be said for recent events.

To make a pitiful long story short, as it stood now, you were placed on medical leave from your duties. Now, it wasn't anything terrible- just a feral got the jump on you a few weeks back and got you good enough to warrant stitches. Worse things have happened, however with there being no pressing missions requiring your expertise- Elder Maxson kindly thought it best to allow you proper recovery. The downfall of this was that you were fine in just a week, stitches healed and bored out of your mind.

Or..well..perhaps not too bored.

Your ever devoted Paladin was sure to keep you company every second he could, for that much you were grateful. Extremely so.

As of late, your lover's company was perhaps the highlight of your entire "time off". Especially now. Having been incapable of executing your daily training regiment, you were simply repaying the favor to Danse by keeping him company as he worked out. The view certainly was reward in itself, however the true pay off came whenever you were able to lure him back to his quarters once he was finished.

Once there, you answered his silent question by gently pushing him against the door the moment he closed it. Having guessed he would've spurted something about being careful with yourself, you instead kept him quiet by reaching up for a kiss. Despite his surprise, a low "hmm" came from your lover as he practically melted against the steel door.

True, your advances may have been hasty..but..how could you resist? Being tempted with the sight of the Paladin, his muscles flexing with each exertion, his skin seeming to glow from the thin layer of sweat..it was too much for even a person of outstanding self-control to deny. Oh no, in all honesty it was a wonder that you made it as long as you did.

Besides, all it took was you playfully slotting a leg between his thighs to spark his interest. Another soft groan coming muffled from his lips, almost around the same time the heat of his overworked body seemed to envelop you. Firmly piquing your arousal as his presence devoured your being. His warmth, his scent, just..his everything..purely intoxicating.

Placing your hands upon his thinly clothed chest, -thank god he wasn't wearing his uniform- you allowed the tips of your nails to gently poke at his flesh, just enough to keep that adrenaline running through his veins. You had very special plans for him indeed. A piece of you even stopped to consider if maybe you should be nicer to your love than what you had in mind, but you also knew Danse could take just about anything you threw his way.

Just to further mess with him, you took the liberty to move your leg out the way- slowly backing away from the rather sweet kiss. Upon doing so, Danse couldn't help but follow your movement for just the slightest moment- his eyes closed while trying to savor the remmenants of the contact.

It had been a while since the two of you had gotten intimate. Between Danse's concern and your injury once posing to be an actual obstacle, there wasn't much going on more than chaste kisses and snuggling.

So, it was at least understandable to see the blushing paladin's eyes darken in lust. "Should I expect this outcome every time you watch me train?" The usually dry man humorously kidded, a lovely grin much like your own, shaping his face and effectively making your heart melt despite the way your eyes soon trailed lower.

"Maybe..if I'm to speak plainly.." You started, waiting for him to sit on the bed so you could take your intended spot right on his lap. Giving the perfect opportunity, you momentarily left your thought behind in order to slowly gyrate your pelvis- having to suppress a soft moan of your own once you felt your lover's cock begin to harden. "I..I find you irresistible." Finally, you finished.