As john mulaney quotes:

Cait:

"It was funny to be an emcee, because you're so at the mercy of the club. You can show up for the weekend hoping to get the $400 - and get fired. I had to prank whoever they told me to prank."

Curie:

"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

Danse:

"I was always the squarest person in the cool room, and alternatively, sometimes the weirder person at the mainstream table."

Deacon:

"For those of you who don't know what it is, blackout drinking is when your brain goes to sleep, but your body gets all 'Eye of the Tiger' and soldiers on."

Gage:

"I stopped drinking when I was 23. I kind of started when I was 13, so it was a 10-year run. But I just became a bad, annoying drunk child, so when I stopped, I'd done a lot of things I wasn't proud of."

Hancock:

"I'm standing in the basement and I'm holding a red cup, you've seen movies. And I'm standing there holding a red cup and I'm starting to blackout and I guess someone said like something police. And in a brilliant moment of word association, I yelled "Fuck da police!" And everyone else joined in. A hundred drunk white children yelling fuck da police."

Macready:

"I am very small and I have no money. So you can imagine the kind of stress that I am under."

Maxson:

"It's been very funny to try to act like an adult. Even getting dressed. Every day, I'm like, 'Should I wear a blazer and walk around with an umbrella? Do I carry a briefcase?' Because I'm trying to be some image of the adults I saw on TV growing up."

Nick:

""Here's how easy it was to get away with bank robbery back in the '30s -- as long as you weren't still there when the police arrived, you had a 99% chance of getting away with it."

Old Longfellow:

"I was once on the phone with Blockbuster Video, which is a very old-fashioned sentence. That's like when your Gram would be like, 'We'd all go to play jacks by the side fountain.' And you're like, 'Nobody knows what you're talking about, you idiot'."

Piper:

"You can do good work simply staying up all night and eating nothing but junk food, but probably not in the long term."

Preston:

"You're like the kid at the sleepover who, after midnight, is like, 'It's tomorrow now.' Get out of here with your technicalities. Just because you're accurate doesn't mean you're interesting."

Sturges:

"The best-case scenario is everything goes perfect and smooth."

X6-88:

"We started chanting, McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's! And my dad pulled into the drive-thru, and we started cheering and then he ordered one black coffee for himself and kept driving."