Chapter 1

Hyunjin's POV

08 October, 2028

Seoul, Korea 

My steps were echoing in the almost empty cafe. It was too early to be full of people, but at the same time, I didn't want people around me at this point. I was thinking more about what I should do now and if there were a lot of people, I would probably be distracted by their stories.

"Good morning, Sir!" A woman approached me. "What would you like?"

"A cup of americano, please," I said and came to the nearest table to sit at it. This cafe was my second favorite one, but I was going to the other one later and with a reason.

Sitting at the table, I took out my phone and started searching through all the notes I had written down during the past five minutes in the car.

A thought hit me, so I turned back to see if my bodyguard was there. Yes, of course, he was sitting at the table behind mine. I smiled and turned to look at my phone again when I noticed that my Americano coffee was slowly approaching on two long legs with a tiny short skirt. I smiled looking at the girl while she was placing the cup in front of me.

"Thank you, beautiful," I whispered and took out money to give her. I gave her enough money to cover the bill and looked at my notes again. My fingers wrapped around the cup, I took a sip from it and placed it down, reading my plans. A smile appeared on my lips when I realized how much money I would be able to get from this. A phone number under the name "Taehyung" appeared on my screen. I picked it up.

"Yeah?"

"Hyunjin, we have a problem." The man said, not able to breathe. I was wondering what the problem was, but right before I was about to ask, he started talking again. "The model is not available for this photoshoot. The client wants someone else at this moment or he's leaving. I have spoken with the others, no one is available or good with the photoshoot." He finished and I smiled.

"Oh, don't worry. I know who can help us." I whispered and smiled a little bit. "How much time do I have?"

"Not more than half an hour."

Half an hour? This was enough. I smiled and hung up on him, calling another number. As I waited for someone to pick up, I drank a little bit more of my americano and turned to see my bodyguard. I stood up, taking my wallet from the table and we both left. Soon, the man I was trying to reach picked up and I heard a morning sleepy voice.

"Wake up. I need you."

"It's my day off..." The man groaned and I laughed.

"What do you want if I need you so bad?" I asked, but there was silence after that. I rolled my eyes when my bodyguard opened the door for me. I entered the car and sighed. "I'm coming to get you at the moment," I said.

"I won't work. It's my day off, okay?" He almost yelled at me.

"Listen, Kai... I have no other choice... 150% of the honorarium?" I asked. He didn't feel satisfied, so I sighed and rolled my eyes, as my car drove off. I looked to one of my sides and saw my bodyguard with a questioning look looking at me. I rolled my eyes to show him that I was mad at this moment, but I heard Kai speaking.

"200%."

"Fine. I'll be there in ten minutes." I said and hung up on him. "We have to take Kai from his home. He's going to work on the photo shoot." I sighed and looked at my phone again. "I don't know why, but everything falls apart these days. Last night the party was minutes away from fucking failure..." I complained, but Wonho, my bodyguard, assured me everything was going to be alright. "Do you think so? There are just too many people..." I continued.