Chapter 138

Chan's POV
20 November 2028
Seoul, Korea

As the capos began to trickle into the room, I quickly composed myself, adopting a professional demeanor befitting the occasion. Each of them exuded an air of power and authority, their presence commanding respect. The exchanges between them hinted at the weighty responsibilities they bore, managing the various territories and enterprises that Sam controlled - the whole country.

The office door creaked open, and in walked Jeong Yuno, the first of Sam's capos to arrive at that meeting. A striking figure, he embodied the archetype of a handsome, yet dangerous man—black hair cascading effortlessly over his forehead, and deep, piercing black eyes that seemed to hold secrets untold. His imposing 1.8-meter frame exuded confidence, and every step he took was deliberate, radiating assurance and confidence that could leave others feeling envious, believing his life to be nothing short of perfection. His light pale skin, a stark contrast to his dark eyes and hair, added to the allure of mystery that surrounded him.

Jeong Yuno was a mystery, shrouded in an impenetrable veil of secrecy. He was fiercely loyal to Sam, and there was no doubt of that. His background remained a mystery to most, only whispers circulated about the places he studied and his birthplace. His role as a capo was that he was responsible for overseeing operations in Jeollanam-do. The capo's presence commanded respect, and as he settled into the room, greeting us, the atmosphere subtly shifted, acknowledging the gravity of his role.

Though the capos' true motivations remained veiled, it was clear that their unwavering loyalty to Sam served as the foundation for their place in this dark and treacherous realm.

The heavy doors of the hall swung open once more, and in walked Kim Jungwoo, the capo overseeing operations in Chungcheongbuk-do. His tall stature and sweet disposition made for an unexpected combination. One could easily be fooled by his innocent face, never suspecting that beneath the facade lay the heart of a seasoned member of the mafia. Yet, in this gathering of capos, his presence served as a stark reminder that appearances could be deceiving.

With his light brown hair framing his countenance, Jungwoo exuded an air of gentleness, almost resembling that of a young girl. His enchanting smile graced his lips frequently, further obscuring the depths of his true character. However, I knew better than to be deceived by his charm, having witnessed the severity with which he could handle some situations that crossed his path.

In the criminal underworld, where danger lurked around every corner, Jungwoo navigated with a duality that few could comprehend. His pleasant manner belied the strength and tenacity that lay beneath the surface, and in his territory, he was a force to be reckoned with.

As he took his place next to Yuno, his presence added an intriguing layer to the gathering. Those unfamiliar with the intricacies of this clandestine world would find themselves drawn to his seemingly innocent exterior, while those who knew better understood the depth of his capabilities.

Amidst the tension and unspoken machinations, the gathering of capos represented a fragile equilibrium, and within this delicate balance, Jungwoo held his ground—a figure both beguiling and fearsome, a mobster concealed behind a mask of sweetness and light.

Following Jungwoo's entrance, the dynamic duo of Lee Jeno and Lee Donghyuck walked into the room, a striking contrast in both appearance and temperament.

Lee Jeno, the capo in command of Gyeongsangnam-do, exuded an alluring beauty that captivated those who crossed his path. With his bleached hair and just slightly shorter than some, he possessed a unique charm that held an undeniable allure. Yet, beneath the facade of ethereal beauty lay a seductive nature that drew both women and men into his web of desire. Jeno's insatiable appetite for pleasure led him to indulge in passionate encounters, often leaving him entangled in nights of unbridled passion. For this reason, Sam, ever the resourceful businessman, ensured that a spare dancer was always on hand to fulfill Jeno's nocturnal desires.