Chapter 18

Hyunjin's POV
15 October 2028
Seoul, Korea

We walked into the house and a woman showed with a confused look, which became even more confused when she saw me.

"Jisung...?" Was everything she said.

"Something happened in the cafe, that's why I'm home earlier." Jisung told her.

"What?"

"A customer spilled his drink all over me."

"And he..." She pointed a finger at me. Jisung turned for a second to see me as if he didn't know who she was talking about.

"He drove me home." She nodded, giving me a strange look.

"Why don't you go to shower?" Before he went up the stairs she asked him something and Jisung nodded. When we heard the door close she looked at me.

"So... Thank you for driving him home. Now if you excuse us..." She made a gesture with her hand to the door, a big smile on her face, probably she was smiling like that in order to make me go.

"I would like to stay a little longer to be sure he is okay."

"He is safe here." She said making that gesture again, I guessed she was the woman Jisung mentioned on our second date.

"I'm not questioning his safety." I said and passed by her. "His room is on the second floor, right?" She nodded and told me that it is the first door on my right. I went up the stairs and knocked on the door she told me. I didn't hear anything so I opened it a bit, only to see that there wasn't anyone. When I went into the room, the first thing I noticed was that it was way warmer than the other part of the house. I smiled remembering how he loved to be warm. In my opinion that was really sweet and I was hoping that one day he will let me be closer to him so I can use the fact that he likes to be warm as an excuse to hug him all the time. I sat on the bed, unlocking my phone and texting Wonho that I will stay a little bit. A while after my phone rang. I picked up when I saw Chan's name and got up from the bed walking towards the window.

"What's up, Chan?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Is it really important?"

"Well, not really..."

"Okay then. We will meet in the bar. I will call you when I am there."

"Okay." He said and I heard movement behind my back. When I turned I saw Jisung standing in front of me in a bathrobe.

"Gotta go." I hung up the phone. "I'm sorry for coming without your permission, but you were in the bathroom..."

"It's fine..." He went to his wardrobe, searching for something to put on. I told him that I was going to wait outside his room till he was ready, but he just asked me to turn around. When he was ready he laid on his bed. I sat on the end of it and looked at him.

"How are you feeling?" I said very quietly, almost whispering.

"I'm okay, don't worry."

"I'm worried." I looked him in his eyes. He remained silent, probably because he didn't know what to answer.

"You can go now." Jisung said after a while.

"But I don't want to."

"My dad will be home soon. If he sees you here he will forbid me to see you." I thought about what he had just said for a while and then I stood up.

"Okay then, but I will call you later to check how you are." He nodded and I turned to the door. In front of his room the woman was standing, her hand in the air ready to knock. I passed by her, saying 'goodbye' and went down the stairs, exiting the house. I got into the car and told Wonho to drive me to the bar. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Chan's number.