Chapter 163

San's POV
23 November 2028
Seoul, Korea

I was woken up by the yells of Hyunjin. I was in my bed, but honestly, I had no idea how I got there. I sighed and got up.

"San, you lazy ass idiot, you will be late for work!" Hyunjin yelled again and I opened the door just to meet his grumpy sleepy face. "What are you looking at?" He asked me and I chuckled.

"My best friend made sure I got drunk," I mumbled.

"Me?!" He exclaimed, pointing to himself. "You were drunk before I even came!"

"Pff, bullshit," I mumbled and went to my wardrobe, grabbing a towel and walking to the bathroom.

"Make sure you are fast, you idiot!" Hyunjin yelled after me and I rolled my eyes, sighing. If he wasn't here I was going to be late again. Yesterday I was lucky that Mr. Han wasn't at work but today... I wasn't going to get away with it.

After I took a shower and brushed my teeth I went to my room, putting my uniform on. I walked into the kitchen only to find that Hyunjin had made coffee for me.

"You are a lifesaver." I groaned, taking my cup and drinking from it.

"Try to talk with him," Hyunjin told me and I nodded. I tossed the keys on the coffee table and looked at him.

"I will call you to give them to me," I told him and he nodded. "I'm gonna go because my boss will kill me," I stormed out of the apartment and rushed downstairs.

When I arrived in my office there was a bouquet of purple calla lilies. But Seonghwa wasn't there and I decided to take them so I could give them to him when he came. I placed them on my desk and made myself comfortable. I was trying to see if he would talk to me if I talked with him normally. I just needed to stay calm. His behavior was not only making me sad but mad too.

The door opened and Seonghwa came inside. His grumpy face told me everything I needed to know, however, I wasn't going to let this discourage me. Not yet. I stood up, taking the flowers. The sound the chair made brought his attention to me. I smiled and was about to start talking but he looked away and walked to his desk. I breathed out.

This is not going to end well. I thought but I wasn't giving up. Come on, San, you can do it.

"Hi," I mumbled, getting closer to him but he ignored me. "This is for you," I said with a quiet voice and stretched my arms, giving him the flowers.

"I don't care if they are from you or from that stupid asshole," he took the bouquet and threw them away. I sighed and sat back in my seat.

"I was trying to be nice," I mumbled, hoping he would hear me but at the same time, I hoped he wouldn't.

"Try to be nice to others!" He hissed and the moment after the door was opened.

"Good, you're both here." Mr. Han entered and closed the door. He got closer to my desk and tossed a folder at me. "This is your new case. Make sure to help Seonghwa go through it since he was recently shot." He told me and looked at Seonghwa. "You can handle a new case, right?"

"Yeah," Seonghwa mumbled.

I opened the folder, seeing Hyunjin's photo on the first page. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked confused at Mr. Han.

"Prince?" I asked and the man nodded. "What happened this time?"

"Nothing." My boss crossed his arms. "I want everything about him. Check all his businesses. Every little corner. Drugs, prostitution, underage drinking. Look for everything."

"So we are not investigating anything particular?" Seonghwa mumbled.

"You are investigating Prince."