Chapter 175

Kyungsoo's POV
25 November 2028
Seoul, Korea

I woke up and my eyes immediately looked at the boy that was sleeping on my chest. I raised my hand and rubbed my eyes, trying to clear my vision.

"Are you awake?" I heard his quiet voice.

"Yeah," I answered just as quietly. Hearing my answer he moved and I was finally able to look at his face. "When did you wake up?" I caressed his head.

"A while ago. But I didn't want to wake you up." Kai explained and rolled on his back, stretching his arms.

"You shouldn't have worried about that," I muttered and rolled to the side, looking at him.

"Why are you so nice?" Kai whispered and his eyes met mine. "I mean... I'm nothing but a whore, who's sleeping with men for money." He uttered and I sighed.

"Why didn't you let me get wasted?" I asked and he shrugged. "The reason why you did it is the reason why I am nice to you. Both of us need it."

"Need it? What do you mean?" Kai inquired, his eyebrow arched up.

"I needed you to stop me from drinking. You needed me to help you forget something. Or am I mistaken?" 

He shook his head in denial. 

"The same reason applies to your question. We both needed it. I needed to show myself that I'm not a monster, and you needed me to show you that there are people among the monsters." I explained and he nodded. He checked the time.

"Do you want to have breakfast before we separate paths?" Kai asked me quietly.

"Sure. Why not?"

He sat in the bed and took the phone that was on his nightstand. He called the reception and ordered food for us.

"Wanna take a shower while we are waiting for the food to come?" He questioned and I nodded. "You can go first if you want to?" He suggested and I nodded again, getting up from the bed. I expected us to shower together, so his last question left me a little disappointed but I reminded myself that we were just fucking and I couldn't expect him to do such things.

I turned the water on and adjusted the temperature. The water hit me and I told myself to stop thinking about it and just hurry up with the shower.

When I went out he was lying on the bed, looking at his phone. He heard the bathroom door open so he raised his eyes and looked at me.

"You can go," I mumbled and he smiled, nodding.

He got up and I sat on the bed. I looked at the door, thinking about how he made me feel. It had been a rough time for me and knowing that Kai was helping me forget about it, knowing that he was my ticket out of the miserable life of mine... I was clutching at him like a drowning man would clutch at a straw. And this was beyond pathetic. It wasn't like I wasn't aware of it, not at all. I just knew that I didn't know how to stop.

I lost my job after a scandal. Then I lost my wife and both of my kids. I had nothing left else except for the boy I begged to fuck me because I was desperately trying to make myself believe that I didn't need my ex-wife.

And... the truth was I didn't really need her. I was barely thinking about her and the more the days were passing the easier it was getting to live without her. What I really missed, though, were my kids. They were my world and losing them left a big hole in me.

I was alone with my money. Money I was spending to get drunk and money I decided to spend on him. That was probably the best decision I had made. I knew I was just a client and even though the previous night he wanted it, I was no one special for him. I laid on the bed, naked, since I didn't feel like putting clothes on, and sighed, looking at the ceiling.