Chapter 176

San's POV
25 November 2028
Seoul, Korea

"Do you need help?" Seonghwa mumbled quietly after we kept quiet for a while, and I shook my head.

"No, don't worry."

"So... My boss is your best friend?" Seonghwa questioned.

"Yes." I nodded and opened the fridge, looking at the stuff that were inside.

"Since?"

"Uhh..." I muttered and turned around to look at him. "I don't know. But almost all my life. We met at school."

"And he knows that I am your partner?" Judging by his tone I couldn't understand whether he trusted what I was telling him or not. Probably he didn't know too.

"Yeah. Neither of us knew at first but then one night we were at his club. He was asking me about you, and I mentioned your name, I think. So... he put two and two together, showed me one of your photos, and asked me if it was you." I explained.

"And he gave you some of my photos after that?" Seonghwa inquired and I nodded once again.

"Let's say it was a gift," I told him and chuckled.

"And what about your boyfriend?" Seonghwa muttered. At that time I wasn't looking at him and was doing my work, however, when he inquired, I froze. It took me a while but eventually, I slowly turned around. Our eyes met and I made sure he knew I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Boyfriend?"

"Mhm," Seonghwa crossed his arms.

"Hwa, I don't..."

"I heard you. Maybe he's not your boyfriend, but you told that man that when you kissed him you knew you loved him." Seonghwa almost hissed and I was sure he had managed to keep the urge to roll his eyes. 

I started laughing when I heard his words.

"Hyunjin. When we were kids we thought we liked each other. We kissed to check it, but we both realized that we love each other as friends."

"But you said..." He started, however, I interrupted him.

"So you were at Hyunjin's party?" I questioned and he nodded, looking down. "And you have listened to mine and Jisung's talk?"

"I don't know who you were with but...

"In front of the club?" I interrupted him and Seonghwa mumbled a quiet yes.

So that's why he started acting like that...

I walked closer to him and took his chin, raising his head. Our eyes met and I bent down, kissing his lips. For the first time after we had woken up, he kissed me back and I felt happiness filling my body.

"Next time you are going to eavesdrop, make sure you hear everything, not just half of the story," I whispered in front of his lips and his cheeks started burning. I kissed him one more time before I walked away and continued with what I was doing.

"I'm sorry." He muttered almost inaudibly.

"Don't be," I mumbled and placed a cup of coffee in front of him. I chuckled and Seonghwa looked at me.

"Jisung, who is Hyunjin's boyfriend, and I had this conversation because he was jealous of me. Turns out it had made you jealous."

"No, I..." Seonghwa tried to deny it.

"What? You want to tell me that the way you acted has nothing to do with what you had heard?" I arched my eyebrow. He groaned and hid his face in his palms.