Chapter 28

San's POV
20 October, 2028
Seoul, Korea

"Why didn't you just shoot her?" I asked for the tenth time today. It was almost half an hour since the doctors could let me in and I wanted to know why he was so stupid. Seonghwa would do everything wrong.

"Mr Han doesn't like us shooting people for no reason." He explained and I was sure I was hearing this for the third time. "Stop talking about it."

"You are ridiculously dumb, Seonghwa!" I finally snorted and turned around. "Why the hell didn't you shoot her?" I could only hear him growling. "Yes, yes. Because of Mr Han, but when he heard what happened he asked me why didn't we shoot her." I told him.

"Why are you here? If you don't care about me..." Seonghwa quickly changed the topic and honestly, I didn't know what to say. I was there, because Mr Han wanted me to take care of him. That was the only reason, but I wasn't able to say it out loud, as if everything in me was declining. I breathed in. "Why? Why do you care about me? Why do you even want to talk with me?" He kept on asking and I looked at my phone, trying to avoid his look.

"Mr Han told me to take care of you. It's pretty clear that you can not do it by yourself." I said and I saw my phone ringing. Hyunjin's name on the screen made me gulp. If he had any problems at the moment I wasn't exactly able to help him, because my partner was in the fucking hospital. After all, I left the room and as fast as I could, I picked up.

"Yes..." I said quietly.

"Where are you? At work?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Not exactly. Why?" I asked, but he didn't say anything, probably thinking of his next words. "Everything okay?"
"Your boyfriend is skipping another photoshoot." Hyunjin said and I laughed out loud.

"Well, he's not gonna be able to attempt it in the next week or two..." I explained and at this moment I was sure that Seonghwa was looking at me, probably curious about the conversation I had on the phone. I was annoyed whenever he was asking me if everything was okay when I had personal conversations at work. But at this moment I was extremely happy that he was at the hospital at the moment, because now Hyunjin had the reason to kick him out and he would finally leave everything to be a policeman.

"Why?" Hyunjin asked me.

"How can I say it... He's an extremely stupid idiot, who can't pull the trigger when he's following a murderer and the murderer almost murdered him..." I explained.

"What? When?"

"Yesterday." I mumbled.

"Is he fine?"

"Yes, he's conscious and he's annoying me."

"Where are you?"

"In the hospital, duh..." I rolled my eyes and saw Seonghwa looking at me with his judgmental eyes. "Would you come?"

I told him which hospital we were in and hung up on him when he told me he would be here in a minute. I knew that "in a minute" meant that he's leaving wherever he was at the moment and he would be here as soon as he can. But the thing was that he was here in less than a minute and I was surprised. I was already back in the hospital room with Seonghwa.

"Seonghwa..." He said as soon as he entered and came closer. "Your manager called me." He said and came closer to him. "I will tell Kai to cover you up, but please inform him when you can't attempt a photoshoot, okay?"

"Yes, Mr Hwang." He nodded. "I'm sorry, I..."

"He had surgery and he woke up less than an hour ago..." I said. "Mr Hwang, is he in danger?" I asked him, hinting that I wanted him to fire him. Instead, Hyunjin shook his head and came closer to Seonghwa.
"How long are you going to be away?"

"The doctor said two weeks." I said.

"Can you let him talk?" Hyunjin asked me and I rolled my eyes. I left the room to let them talk. I waited outside and as soon as Hyunjin went out, he looked at me."Okay, San, I see you like him and you're worried, but he can speak by himself." Hyunjin started and I rolled my eyes.

"First of all, I don't like him. Second of all, he's stupid. Third of all, aren't you going to fire him?"

"I don't have a reason. Plus that I think you're just jealous, because he's almost naked in some of his photoshoots." I looked away from him and I could feel him killing me with eyes only. "San, what's happening?"

"We were so close to catching a murderer we're investigating and he let her shoot him... How can I end up with such a stupid partner?" I explained and Hyunjin laughed.

"A woman?"

"Exactly." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways. Why are you here so fast?"

"Jisung is here. He had a panic attack and when I tried to call him a friend of his told me he's here. I came to see him. Thank God, he's fine!" He smiled a bit and I chuckled.

"The old you is back in town, huh?"

"The old me is dead." He assured me and sighed. "So, I will go then. Call me later to update me. Okay?"

I nodded and went back to Seonghwa, looking at Hyunjin leaving. I missed the old him, he would always get worried about people, but since his uncle died his whole soul hung in darkness. I wasn't able to recognize him, but now it felt strange to see the old Hyunjin back.

"How do you know him?"

"Everyone knows him." I explained and Seonghwa nodded. I could feel him not believing me, but he didn't say a word. "So, why didn't you just shoot?" I asked again and he took the pillow from behind his back and hit me with it. I laughed and told him that I was kidding, helping him lean back on the pillow again. "Don't move too much. The doctor said that you have to rest more."

"Don't care too much about me, I may fall in love with you." He was joking, but I felt strange. Like butterflies in my belly were fluttering. I wasn't ready to continue this conversation, because I was scared of the way my body was reacting. He was sexy, yes, but he was the most annoying person I had ever seen, so I didn't want to feel like that.