His heart was in turmoil

"That depends on your hard work. If you can hug me for three years, I can consider not accepting the harem." Although he was joking, his eyes were extremely serious.

Xiao Jingchen, who had grown up in the harem, treated those beautiful imperial concubines who had the heart of a snake and a scorpion.

The bottom of his heart was filled with incomparable disgust.

Back then, he had almost become the stepping stone for those women before he could grow up.

So he didn't want a complicated harem.

But in his heart, he thought, "Gu Momo, you must not disappoint me."

What Gu Momo was thinking was that the Emperor was concerned about the issue of the heirs, so she was at ease. At the very least, for the sake of the heirs, he would also live a good life.

Therefore, she did not answer this question.

The two of them sat thoughtfully for a long time. When it was already late, Xiao Jingchen reluctantly let her go.

Gu Momo opened the window for the first time and watched him fly out with her qinggong.

Xiao Jingchen felt that the pair of eyes behind him had been following him like shadows. He endured it and did not look at Gu Momo in the end.

He was afraid that the moment he turned around, he would not want to go back and instead stay overnight.

But many years later, whenever he thought of this scene, his heart felt like a knife twisting.

He regretted it.

The next day, Gu Momo said that she was a little unwell, so she asked the nanny to stop teaching the etiquette in the palace. She told her mother that she had an appointment with the owner of the Silk Manor to bring back the new materials.

Madam Cui had promised, but now the number of guards had increased to eight, and all of them were Great Inner Experts.

These people were sent by Xiao Jingchen to protect Gu Momo.

She did not refuse and brought a group of people to Silk Manor in a carriage.

Actually, Gu Momo deliberately arrived fifteen minutes late from the appointed time.

After arriving at the Silk Villa, he found the boss. At this moment, Danyang and Cheng Yu had already quarreled with each other in the inner courtyard.

"Don't you know that she is already the Empress? What can you get from what you're doing now?"

Cheng Yu's tone was icy cold, "You don't have to worry about that."

He was tired of Dan Yang's attitude, and before he could get married, he was already giving orders.

It would be fine if she got married.

Dan Yang felt a chill in his heart because of his tough attitude and disgust without hesitation.

The handsome young man she saw that day who saved her from the hands of many guards was not as indifferent as Cheng Yu.

"Was it that fox spirit who gave you the Ecstasy Soup? Is that why you're so distracted? Wake up! Cheng Yu, I can live with you for the rest of my life. She entered the palace and is a lofty empress. You're not even worthy to lift her shoes." Dan Yang said in a hoarse voice.

Many of the maids below couldn't help but lower their heads, all of them at a loss for what to do.

The masters quarreled, but they shouldn't have listened. If they heard it, they would have been silenced.

When Cheng Yu heard that Dan Yang said that Gu Momo was a fox spirit, he was already furious. But later, she said that she was not even worthy to carry Gu Momo's shoes.

She could only be the emperor's, the lofty empress.

In this way, his heart was in chaos.

What appeared in his mind was the scene of Gu Momo from childhood to adulthood. Every single one of her smiles and frowns was branded in his heart.

Originally, he thought that they were all insignificant memories, but he never thought that they would fill his heart. He had never thought that she was so important in his heart.

He was stunned, causing Dan Yang to feel delighted. He thought that Cheng Yu had listened to his words and started to reflect.