Chapter 14: Last Day!

I got up at 7:30 feeling rested. I walked into the kitchen and not too long after Elena came in.

“Morning,” she said.

“Morning, I made you coffee,” I said.

“Oh thanks,” she said and smiled.

“Today is the last day to finish our assignments,” I said.

“I know, I just hope we finish it in time,” Elena said.

We both ate and then showered. At least today I didn’t have to rush. I got dressed and went to meet Elena by the tv.

“We have not watched tv for ages!” I said.

“You’re right! Vampire Diaries Marathon this weekend!” she said.

“Yes! Especially after all this work,” I said.

Her phone started ringing, it was Matt.

“Yip, meet you guys now,” she said. We both walked out the door and went with the boys in the elevator. We then started walking to the station.

“So guys, today is the last day,” Matt said.

“I know,” I said.

“How are you feeling Jade?” Nate asked.

“I still have to program everything! I hope I get it done in time! You?” I asked Nate.

“I know she said 10 pages but it doesn’t even make any sense. Each player Is at least roughly 2 pages!” He said.

“Whoa so that’s like 50 pages?” I asked.

“Well me too!” Elena said,”It takes a long time.”

“Yeah Ricardo saved my butt! I would never have even considered finishing but those folders really helped me,” Matt said.

We all got to the stadium and started to work but with higher stress levels. Today was it. If we didn’t finish up today we were out for good.

“Ugh!” I screamed in frustration. I could tell I was getting stressed about not having to finish and it was not just me. Time flew by, it was already 3 in the afternoon and we were all still working.

“Hey guys, I assumed you would be working so I brought you some snacks,” Ricardo said as he came in through the door.

“Hey Ricardo, I don’t know how to thank you. Those folders really helped me. I don’t know what I would have done without them. The fact that you bring us food, it is really nice. You really help us out so much we have to re pay you somehow.” Matt said.

We were all shocked. We have never saw Matt be so grateful.

“I agree,” I said.

“Yeah you have done so much for us, “ Elena said.

“I know how it feels it be in your position and you all seem like you genuinely want a proper job. You owe me nothing.” He said with a smile. “Anyway how far are all of you?” Ricardo asked.

“Very far,” Elena said sarcastically.

“Yeah I don’t think I’m sleeping at all tonight,” I said.

“I second that,” Nate said.

“Well I wish you all the best of luck, I know you are all going to make it,” He said and left.

“I hope so,” Matt said as he got up to get the food and then started handing it out to each of us.

“I was serious about no sleep,” I said.