Chapter 3: We're leaving For the Airport!

“Crap!” I said nervously. I was running late. Normally before I go on any holiday, I write a list and I’m packed by the time I need to leave. I always have spare time but apparently not this time, Matt made sure of that. This time it was not just a holiday, I would be living in Barcelona for a while and I needed to take my necessary textbooks and many essentials that I would normally not need.

“Jade!” I heard Elena shout as she walked in the door.

“I’m coming!” I screamed back. Finally I was packed but I just needed to finish my makeup. As I was putting on my eyeliner Elena walked in.

“You packed?” She asked excitedly.

“Yeah, but I have this feeling I’ve forgotten something!” I said.

“I hate that feeling! But I’m sure we can buy things there as we need to,” Elena said.

“I can’t believe we’re going to-”I said.

“Barcelona!” we both screamed.

“Jade? Where are your bags?” Matt came in and asked.

“Wait, you’re going to take my bags? As in do something nice for me? Wait what’s the catch?” I asked confused.

“Yip. I am going to be nice and there is no catch,” He said with a smile on his face.

As I gave Elena a puzzled look she already began to explain. She knew me so well.

“Matt is trying, note the word trying, to have manners so he can try to impress ladies in Barcelona,” Elena said.

“I see,” I said.

“No that’s not the reason, I’m just being nice. Now where are your bags?” Matt asked.

“Firstly, I can tell when you lie Matt and secondly my bags are over there. Thanks for taking them though,” I said.

As he went to go fetch my bags, Nate walked in with his aviators on.

“Yay, you’re wearing the sunglasses I gave to you for your birthday! They look good!” I said.

“Well now that were going to Barcelona there is going to be a lot of sunshine and ladies, so might as well prepare,” he said and smiled.

I smiled back. I could feel we were all so happy. The chances of this happening were so small yet here we were getting ready to fly to Barcelona.

“What did your parents say?” I asked Elena

“They were ok with it since it’s Uncle Carl’s connection and because I’m with ladies man,” Elena said as she pointed to Matt.

“Hell yes, I’m going to be the ladies’ man” Matt said as he walked out with my bags.

“What about yours?” Elena asked.

“Slightly more complicated. They could not believe I said I was leaving the next day. They called your Uncle Carl and after interrogating him on the phone they gave me the long speech about when living abroad bla bla bla and finally agreed! They even gave me some spending! ” I said.

“Yay!”Elena said,”You Nate?”

“It was not too bad actually. They just said that I must take my own money and luckily I have a lot saved up from working so it’s good.” Nate said.

“Yeah looks like we’re fine with cash then,” Matt said from behind.

“Matt, it’s my money. It means you can’t use it.” Nate said.

“Yeah right, we both know that if I ever really need money you will borrow me, “Matt said.

“No bro. Not this time. New country, new rules,” Nate said.

“Since when?” Matt said.

“Actually I agree, we should make new traditions and try different things,” I said.

“Guys I agree with all of you but that is not going to happen if we miss our plane just chatting here!” Elena said.

“Crap, she’s right let’s go,” Matt said.

“Whoa. Matt admitting Elena is right? Maybe Barcelona will change you,” Nate said.

Matt organized a car service for us to make it more convenient. We all agreed it is more emotional if our families are there when we leave. We all got into the van and soon enough we were on our way to the airport.

“I know I’m supposed to be sad that we’re leaving but I can’t help feeling so excited!” Elena said.

“Yeah and I’m interested to know what’s in this envelope?” Matt said

“Matt where did you get that from?” Nate asked.

“My dad. He said I can only open it in Barcelona.” Matt said

“And you listened?” Elena asked.

“Jeez Matt we should have sent you to Barcelona a long time ago,” Nate said.

“Hey, I’ll let you all know I have some moral code. It’s the least I could do after my dad did this for us,” Matt said honestly.

“You know, it would have helped if you used you moral code”, Elena said while making inverted commas with her hands, “Like I’m not too sure,every other day that you lived!”

“Yeah but-“ Matt began.

“Oh my gosh!” I said. I was going through my news feed on twitter.

“What?” They all asked.

“Apparently Cesc Fabregas has been bought by Barcelona!” I said.

“No way! You sure?” Elena asked excitedly.

“Well according to goal.com it’s in talks but it’s basically a done deal.” I said.

“Not necessarily, you know this has been going on for a while. The media loves to play games and transfer window is almost closed,” Nate said.

“Nate has a point,” Elena said.

“You guys are so negative. Why don’t you hope it happens? Cause if it does it means we all get to meet him!” Matt said.

“I can’t believe I’m going to agree with you but you’re so right!” Elena said.

“Ok seriously this whole agreeing with each other thing is freaking me out between the two of you,” I said as I looked at Elena and Matt.

“I agree,” Nate said.

“And it is not necessarily a good thing. I mean if he costs a lot that could really affect our finances,” I said.

“Yes, we know nerd,” Matt said as he rolled his eyes, “ But just be positive.”

I was in too much of a good mood to argue so I left it at that and just as I finished reading the rest of my news feed we arrived at the airport.