Chapter 61: Marc and Alexander

Sorry I did not update sooner! I had it in my head that I posted this chapter already and then i saw a comment saying update and I noticed I was a bit of an idiot :p

Anyway if you could, i would really appreciate it if you took a look at my other story Not What It Seems because it's different in the sense that there is more action and mystery :p Plus if anyone is a Teen Wolf or Vampire Diaries fan, go there, now :p 

Anyway enjoy!

ELENA POV

Elena was enjoying the feeling of actually dealing with patients instead of just files. She was enjoying herself. It was nice seeing what she learnt being used in practice. That was until a certain patient walked through the door.

“Elena?” Marc asked a bit surprised. Elena didn’t even bother to look at him.

“Why are you here?” she asked a bit irritated.

“I came to get my general check up,” he said.

“Well it’s convenient that you have to get it while I’m here,” she said assuming he’s lying.

“Check my file,” Marc said confidently. Elena gave him a skeptical look and turned around. She walked out the door to get his file. She walked to the filing cabinet and took out his file. She opened it and to her annoyance he was right. He was due for a checkup. She sighed. Who would have the thought the person I least want to check up is Marc? Haha Karma, you’re sooo funny.

Elena walked back dreading the next half hour but she knew part of her job was to act approachable towards the client.

“Look Elena we need to talk,” Marc said as she entered the room again.

“No we don’t,” Elena said finally looking at him.“You made me believe that you actually liked me and I can’t believe I was so stupid to believe you. For a while I even doubted my friends.”

“Elena I really do like you,” Marc said with a gentle voice.

“You have a girlfriend!” Elena said finally letting some of her anger out at him.

“So? Have you never liked someone else while dating someone?” he asked her. She hesitated for a moment thinking he had a valid point.

“That’s not the point,” Elena said.

“It kind of is. I can break up with her,” he said and Elena could not believe what she was hearing. He said it as if his relationship didn’t mean much to him.

“Just like that? Don’t you value your relationships?” she asked him shocked.

“Elena, my girlfriend and I know it’s nothing serious,” he said causally, “So it wouldn’t be a big deal.” Elena just looked at him. He was serious, she could tell.

“But with you it would be different,” he said walking closer to her and looking her in the eyes. Once again he had such sincerity in his voice that it made her want to believe him.

“How do I know that?” she asked him.

“Because I’ll make a promise to you,” Marc said to her and she so desperately wanted to believe him but she knew better.

“I just-,” Elena said.

“You just what?” Marc asked her holding her hand gently. Elena took her hand out of his grasp, he shouldn’t get the wrong message.

“I don’t know if I can trust you,” she said.

“You can, I can prove it,” he said, “Just give me a chance, I deserve that.”