Chapter 89: Practice and Talks

I finished my pancakes and decided I should go watch practice to make sure my analysis matches the players. If I suggested someone should play because they are on form and it turns out they're not, it won't look too good, especially since the game itself is so important. I walked towards the pitch and then went to sit on the stands closest to practice. I made sure that I didn't create any attention and it seemed to have worked because no one noticed me at that point. I looked up to see Alves making kissing faces at Alexis. Alexis seemed quite annoyed but tried his best to shrug it off. I saw Alves speak to Thiago and the next thing I saw both of them teasing Alexis. Then I saw Alves go speak to Piqué. I was sure Piqué was going to join in being the jokester he was but I was shocked to see he didn't. He gave a small smile and carried on with practice. It seemed both Alves and Thiago mirrored my expression, they seemed confused as well.

"Long time no see," I heard a voice sneer at me. I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"What do you want," I said icily looking straight ahead.

"Ooh, someone seems moody," he said.

"I was just telling Elena how interesting Friday night's gala will be," he said. I wanted to know what he was taking about but I refused to look at Alexander.

"You know," he said after a while, "You, me, Elena-," he said as I burst out laughing. He seemed irritated by my expression.

"Like that would ever happen," I said watching Xavi pass the ball.

"I'm sure Elena told you that we already have dates," I said smugly finally looking at him.

"And I'm also quite sure you won't cancel a Barca player's invitation," I said with a smirk, "So if that's all you came to tell me then I suggest you leave now."

He looked at me in shock. It was like the roles were reversed between us.

"I have better things to do," he said standing up in a huffy manner.

"Says the guy who threatens innocent females," I said as I stared him down. It's seemed he contemplated slapping me.

"Would you really want to do that with all those Barca players watching?" I said and I felt like I was in control this time and there was nothing Alexander could do.

I smiled as I watched him storm off up the stairs. I turned back to practice and found my eyes resting on Cesc. He seemed to really be focusing on the activity at hand but he had some happiness about him. I could tell he was in a good mood. I carried on watching him and watched as he passed the ball to Ibrahim.

What was I just doing?

Ibrahim is my boyfriend but I'm quite sure I just spent 5 minutes staring at Cesc.

Why?

I quickly shook my head.

It must be because his footwork was really good I rationalized in my head and I forced myself to leave that as the answer and not question it any further.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ELENA POV

I watched over my clipboard from afar as Thiago entered the medical room. He was smiling and looked really happy. I saw a doctor take him to the first room. I walked towards the other side of the room to see if he was still limping but it seemed he was doing really well. I kept my eyes focused on him and before I knew it...

CRASH!

"Watch where you are going," I heard a voice say as I looked up.

"I'm so sorry," I said apologetically and embarrassed.