Chapter 36: On the field and the jacket again...

Cesc walked with Marc and Thiago to start doing an exercise.

“Don’t let him get to you,” Cesc said quietly to Thiago.

“What he is doing is wrong,” Thiago said.

“I know, don’t worry I’ll sort it out,” Cesc said. I need to speak with Jade. He was about to wave at her when he noticed she wasn’t there.

“What’s with the confused look?” Pique asked him coming from across the field.

“It’s strange, Jade is not there with them,” Cesc said to him.

“Ahh, yes, you would definitely notice that,” Pique said as Cesc rolled his eyes.

“I see they are allowed to watch us today,” Leo said coming to stand next to the both of them noticing people on the stands.

“We need to show off our skills then!” Pedro said joining in.

“Agreed!” Pique said as the two of them went off to do passing.

“What’s wrong Cesc?” Leo asked him.

“It’s just strange, Jade isn’t there,” Cesc said.

“You sure?” Leo asked him.

“Yeah, I checked,” Alexis said hearing what they were saying, “But Demi and the others are there.”

“Well, we can go ask them just now, let’s train until the break,” Leo said as they all nodded.

“Relax Cesc, you’ll see your girl soon,” Pique said mocking him. Cesc sighed next to his friend.

That was not the only thing on Cesc’s mind, he had overheard what they had said about Marc. Why the heck was he sending Elena flowers? Why was he leading her on? He needed to speak to Jade and the sooner the better.

Practice went on as usual with some of the shots being a bit off but overall it was not a bad practice. The players were finally given a break. Cesc along with Pique and Pedro decided to make their way to the five people in the stands.

“Hey everyone,” Cesc said, “Where’s Jade?”

“He is dying to know you see?” Pique said looking at Demi, “But I also want to know where she is,” Pique added as an afterthought.

“She’s working,” Demi said once again telling herself to breath.

“What do you mean?” Cesc asked.

“Her mentor didn’t give her permission to come,” Nate answered more calmly.

“I see,” Cesc said.

“Nice shots, Pedro,” Matt said trying to make a good impression.

“Thanks! I like this guy,” he said referring to Matt, “See Pique? It’s good we showed them our skills!” Pedro said happy someone acknowledged his shots.

“What did you think of my skills?” Pique said raising his eyebrows and looking at Demi.

“They were, uh, amazing as always,” Demi said still nervous talking to the players.

“I know!” Pique said. Leo and Alexis finally made their way to the three of them.

“So, where is Jade?” Alexis asked Cesc.

“This Jade girl is really important, I mean between yesterday and today, you guys speak about her quite a bit,” Pedro said as everyone looked at him in shock.

“Seriously?” Elena blurted out before she could stop herself. Great going Elena.

“No, he is exagge-,” Cesc began to say.