Chapter 106: Hidden Messages

Hey everyone! SO I know these chapters are not super long but I thought rather I post weekly then wait to get it to be longer :)

Enjoy!

NATE POV

I watched the players train and it was clear Cesc needed help. I didn't understand it. He had seemed to be doing decently the past few training sessions. Jade said it was her fault and I didn't want to believe her but I had a feeling there was something she wasn't telling me. It was odd, Jade and I had always been so honest and open with each other. Ever since we came to Barcelona it just hasn't been the same.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Jade told me as she stood up but I had a feeling she just wanted some space. Who would have thought she would need a break from a Barca training session but that's what it had come to.

"Okay," I told her but I could see it in her body language as she walked, there was something on her mind. I looked back to the field. There was some clear tension between Ibrahim and Cesc. I needed to figure out what was causing it although I was quite sure what it was. Or more who it was. Still they needed to at least learn to be civil towards each other, for the sake of the team. I sat there for a while until I saw Alexis coming towards me.

"Hey Nate," Alexis said coming to take a water bottle. I was shocked he even knew my name. From a fan point of view I admired him but I had to be honest. As a person point of view, I didn't like what he was doing. The girls might think they keep everything to themselves but I knew more that I let on. I knew he was flirting with Jade although technically him and Demi are together.

"Hey," I said but I could feel the protectiveness coming out and couldn't let it go.

"Can I ask you something?" I said not sure if I was treading safe waters.

"Yeah," he said although it seemed like he knew what I was going to ask.

"It's about my friends," I said hoping he'd pick up what I was referring to. The look in his eye told me he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Look we're going to sort out this press issue," he said honestly. I nodded thankfully at him but that was not what I was referring to. He seemed to pick this up.

"Look," he said, "I like to flirt," he said honestly, "But I've learnt to not go for a girl who's heart belongs to someone else."

I knew he was referring to Jade. I was amazed that he was being so upfront but I appreciated the honesty. I noticed him look up at Jade as she came back from the bathroom and then at what I assumed was Cesc but when I followed his eyes they rested on Leo.

"Wait-," I said looking at him not fully believing what he was insinuating.

"Sorry, break over," he said with playful eyes as he rushed off.

Well he might need a session.

It might not be the correct thing to do but I needed to know what he meant.

"Anyone else need a session?" Jade asked as she sat down. I looked up at Leo, I knew he was slightly off but nothing major. I noticed him look towards us and give a small smile. I watched as Jade returned it.

"Possibly," I said now thinking I needed to speak to Leo. It didn't make sense. This was Lionel Messi, best footballer in the world. I just couldn't conceptualise him and best friend being-

"Jade?" I asked her.

"What?" she asked me knowing I had a question for her. I thought about how I needed to word this question. I couldn't be too brash or she wouldn't give me the full answer. She looked at me expectantly.