Chapter 105: He Knows

A/N NB: HI everyone, I just wanted you to know that for the next few weeks updates will be a bit erratic because I am moving countries! :O Hopefully once I fly and find a place, my updates will become more frequent but at the moment I'm trying to deal with all the admin of it all so please bare with me :)

Secondly I know I have not updated Not What It Seems, I will the minute I get a chance :) Like I said I have just been a bit preoccupied, I hope you all understand.

I couldn't believe the players were on our side but at the same time I didn't know what my friends were going to say. We all said we'd keep it a secret and by now I'm almost sure the whole team knew. The thing we had to be careful of was who said what. I couldn't have Leo or Cesc showing what I do, that would just add more fuel to the fire. Ultimately we needed Xavi or Puyol. People respected and trusted them. If they said something it would turn the story around but we all knew what they thought of us. I wonder if they feel we're to blame for everything that has happened. To be fair before we came, there was none of this drama or we just didn't know it existed.

I felt my phone vibrate and saw a message from my mother.I had been keeping in touch with them but this was the first time my mother told me it was important.

Call me as soon as possible. It's urgent.

I felt my heart sink. I hoped the news did not get to my parents. I can't imagine what they would be thinking of me right now. Probably completely ashamed.

I stood up from the stands and walked down the tunnel for some privacy. I dialed my mother's number ready to hear the disappointment in her voice.

"Hello," my mom said.

"Hi mom," I said.

"Jade," she said and there it was. One word but it encapsulated everything she felt. Sadness, disappointment but also sympathy.

"Mom, I don't know what you heard but it's not true I swear," I said desperately.

"I heard it from our friends. I thought they were joking but then I saw the news bulletins," she said.

"It's not true," I said frantically.

"Honey, I know the escort thing is not true," she said and I felt so relieved, "I know who you are and I know you're not that."

"Thanks mom,"I said just knowing she knew the truth meant so much.

"How are you managing?" she asked concerned.

"We're doing okay but they told us after the Madrid game, our internship is over," I said sadly.

"Well that makes sense I guess, at least from their perspective," she said mirroring my expression.

"But, I got offered another position," I said unsure.

"Really? Well that's great!" she said happily.

"Yeah but mom, it's," I said pausing, "It's with Real Madrid."

"And?" my mother said not understanding the issue.

"Mom, it's our rival club!" I said trying my best not to raise my voice.

"Look, I know it's not ideal but honey, in the end you have to think of you. It's your dream job. No one is saying you have to work there forever and I know it might not be at a team you like but last time I checked you love the sport. Wouldn't you rather have some of it in your life then none at all?" she said and I knew she was right. I didn't want her to be but she was.