Chapter 85: Something doesn't feel right

Hey everyone :) Sorry I did not upload yesterday, just wasn't enough time!

Also it's my birthday today :D (21st) So apologies if I'm a bit late with the next chapter and for the Not What It Seems readers, should have something up within the week!

Enjoy!

Normally before a Barca game I was decently relaxed unless Barca were playing a difficult opponent. The thing was we have just had 2 draws in a row so I was slightly worried but that was nothing compared to the anxiety I felt for Cesc. I didn't know what to feel. Would he be angry? Apologetic? Disgusted? I didn't know. I was pacing by the locker room door waiting for Cesc to arrive. I kept looking to see if it was him since I knew it was too early for any of the other players to be here yet. Finally I could see him walking with his head down, shoulders slumped and tog bag on his right shoulder. He looked deep in thought and just carried on staring at the ground. It seemed he didn't even notice I was there.

"Cesc," I said catching his attention. He looked up at me but he wasn't angry or apologetic or any expression I thought he would have. He was confused and it clearly showed.

"Jade," he said now just standing across from me, "What are you doing here?" he asked a bit irritated. I could not believe what he was asking me.

"What do you mean? You told me to come meet you here," I told him.

"No I didn't," he said.

"Yes you did, you sent me a message a few hours ago telling me to meet you before the game," I told him but he still looked utterly confused.

"I don't know what you are talking about Jade," he said shaking his head. He seemed to be telling the truth. I didn't understand what was happening but then I clicked. Daniella.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said putting my hand on my forehead, speaking to myself.

"Looks like your girlfriend did it again," I said irritated to him.

"Oh, not this again," Cesc said, "She wouldn't do that."

"Check your phone if you don't believe me," I told him but he just looked at me.

"Why are you here early then?" I asked him.

"Well Daniella said-," he said stopping mid sentence.

"Check your phone," I said as he reluctantly took out his phone and checked it but it occurred to me that Daniella would have just deleted them.

"There is nothing here and she told me Pep wanted us here a bit earlier today," he said scrolling through his messages.

"She probably deleted them, here look at my phone," I said handing him my phone open on our text conversation. I saw him give it a quick glance and then look at it intently again. He took the phone from my hands.

"Ok, look, this must be some mistake," he said.

"Right, just how everyone else showed up here earlier today," I said sarcastically and bitter.

"She probably read something wrong," he said and I knew he was trying to convince himself that she wouldn't do this.

"She did not!" I shouted at him frustrated. "When will you finally believe that-," I said loudly but stopped midway. Attacking her was not going to change his mind. I sighed as I looked up at him. He seemed a bit taken aback at my initial reaction.

"What you said yesterday Jade," Cesc said, "I just-," he said stopping midway too.

"I just didn't know you could say things like that," he finished. I looked at him and saw not one bit of anger in his eyes, it was all just disappointment. Disappointment that I didn't deserve.