Chapter 4: On our way to Barcelona!

We checked in our bags and since we still had a bit of time before our flight boarded, we all went to Starbucks to get some much needed caffeine in our systems.

“I am so tired, “I said.

“Me too! What time did you sleep?” Elena asked.

“Sorry sleep? What is that? I got about an hour and half I think,” I said.

“Yeah me too,” Elena said.

“But its worth it right?” Matt asked.

“Yes it is Matt, “Nate answered sarcastically.

We all ordered our favorites and sat down.

“It’s just crazy isn’t it? I mean one day we are so desperate to find an internship and the next-“Nate said

“I just save the day?” Matt said.

“Oh look, seems like somebody’s ego is back,” Elena said.

“Nate’s right though. We were so worried and here we are getting the internship of our lives!” I said.

We chatted for a while longer before we started gathering our things to board the plane. We walked towards the gate and as we looked ahead we could see that they already started to board. When we got to the gate the lady smiled.

“Passport and boarding pass please,” she said cheerfully.

We all showed her our passports and she ripped the boarding passes and gave us the other half.

“Oh my gosh!! Guys this is it!”Elena said, “We are going to-“

“Barcelona!” we all shouted.

We all got on to the plane and put our luggage into the above compartments. It so happened that Matt and Elena’s seats are next to each other but Nate and I agreed that this is a recipe for disaster.

“But I want to sit next to the cousin I love,” Matt said like a child.

“Matt I am happy. Don’t spoil it for me.” Elena said.

“Yeah we don’t want dead bodies when we arrive,” Nate said as he got a dirty look from a person sitting behind us.

“Come on Matt, do you really want to hear her go on about Puyol’s strength, Bartra’s eyes, Messi’s skill, Afellay’s abs, Xavi’s charm, Thiago’s arms, Villa’s hair-

“Ok! Ok! I get it!” Matt said as he got up quickly and sat in the row in front.

“Wow. You really are a genius,” Elena said to me.

“Well not really cause let’s be honest we are going to go on about that for the next few hours!” I said.

Soon enough the plane began to take off which was my favorite part. Elena and I did end up speaking about all the players but only for about an hour as soon we were all fast asleep due to sleep deprivation.

“Good morning passengers, we will begin our descent for Madrid.” I heard the pilot say as I got up from my sleep. I just slept through food I thought. You looked at Elena, she was still sleeping. You began to tap her shoulder lightly.

“Elena, Elena? Wake up, Alves is here to serve you drinks,” I said.

“What?” Elena said confused, “Alves?” and then she looked at me.

“Oh very funny, you know I’m a bit out of it when I wake up.” Elena said.

“Sorry could not resist. Anyway were going to be landing in Madrid soon!” I said.