Chapter 38: Why can't I keep my mouth shut?

I sat there and watched them practice. All the players seemed to enjoy themselves but at the same time I could see how much effort they put in to be the best. You can see they all give their heart and soul. It was something to be admired.

“Jade? Is that you?” I heard Nate shout from the left of me. I turned to see the five of them.

“It is!” I shouted back as I got up and walked towards them.

“How long have you been here without telling us?” Demi asked me as I got closer.

“About 10 minutes maybe,” I said not too sure.

“So why did you go sit all alone?” Matt asked me.

“I didn’t, I just kinda sat down I guess,” I said thinking how I was too busy thinking about Ibrahim and Alexis.

“Oh I see you brought Leo’s jacket today?” Elena said.

“Actually this is his jacket from today,” I told them.

“What? What do you mean?” Elena asked me.

“You mean, his jacket from practice?” Ricardo asked me as I nodded.

“That’s the reason I came here, to return it to him,” I said, “I still wasn’t allowed down here and luckily Cesc saved me when Hector found me here.”

“What do you mean he saved you?” Demi asked.

“And how did Messi’s jacket end up with you?” Elena asked. I explained to them everything that had happened.

“How do you do that?” Matt asked not believing what happened.

“Karma Matt, Jade’s nice so nice things happen to her I guess,” Nate said.

“I’m nice too!” Matt said.

“Honestly Matt, I can’t even give you an answer, I don’t know why these things happen to me either,” I said truthfully to him.

I sat down next to Nate and watched as the players train.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX       

“Haha you totally love her!” Pique said speaking to Cesc.

“No I don’t,” Cesc said to his persistent friend.

“You got hit in the face with a ball because you were too busy focusing on her!” Pique said.

“Haha true!” Pedro joined in. Cesc gave them look and then looked at Leo.

“It was funny,” Leo said to him.

“So you went to visit Jade in the break huh?” Cesc asked Leo changing the subject.

“She has your jacket,” Cesc said and Leo knew he couldn’t lie.

“Just went to say hello, we all wanted to see her,” Leo said.

“Yeah but you could have told me,” Cesc said.

“Why spoil the surprise?” Leo said.

“Well gracias,” Cesc said.

“Where did Jade go?” Alexis asked them noticing Jade wasn’t sitting there anymore.

“She moved to sit with them,” Ibrahim said looking where Jade was.

“Oh I see,” Alexis said.

“What are you doing,” Thiago asked Marc bluntly.

“What are you talking about?” Marc asked him not knowing what Thiago was referring to.