Chapter 90: I Don't Believe It

DEMI POV

"Piqué!" I screamed at him. I swear we were going to end up in an accident.

"What?" he asked calmly.

"And you called yourself Batman," I said shaking my head, "You can't even drive!" I shouted at him as he broke hard again and I felt the seatbelt tighten on my chest.

"Hey! It's a delicate balance ok? I have to be close enough to see where they're going but far enough so Cesc won't notice us," he said as I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"I'm quite sure Cesc won't notice you," I said.

"You never know," he said defensively.

"Trust me, he'd be too focused on Jade," I said.

"Ok fine, you might have a point," he said as I smiled smugly.

"I said might," he said stubbornly like a kid while looking at me and then looking back at the road.

"Why didn't you just ask him where he was going?" I asked him. That way we wouldn't have to tail them in such an inconvenient way and I wouldn't have to wonder if I'll still be alive every couple of seconds.

"I did but he wouldn't tell me," he said, "He told me "I wouldn't want you to follow me.""

"He said that?" I asked a bit worried.

"Relax Demi, I'm quite sure he meant it as a joke," He said casually and I just hoped he was right.

"Go faster!" I said noticing Cesc speed up ahead.

"What is your problem? Now you want me to drive faster?" he said confused.

"Do you want to lose them?" I said arguing.

"No," he said as I felt the car go faster.

"Wait, where did they go?" he said worried.

"They turned left," I told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Yes," I said confidently.

"Ok," he said but I noticed he was swapping to the right lane.

"What are you doing?!" I asked him freaking out.

"Going left," he said.

"You idiot! That's right!" I said.

"It is?" he said thinking about it.

"Hey, wait," he said interpreting what I had just said, "You just called me an idiot!" he said to me.

"I'm sorry! Just go to your other right!" I said feeling the car swerve.

We turned into the road and noticed it was much quieter than the main road. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"Oh, you're right," he said after a while, "This way was left."

I shook my head wondering how Gerard was such a calm person. It seemed like nothing could make him nervous.

I looked ahead and could see Cesc's car in the distance. He slowly took another left.

"Ok so you need to make a left," I said pausing, "You do know which way that is right?"

"Yes, I do," he said as I stared at him with an eyebrow arched.

"I do now ok?" he said as I shook my head. We took the left and saw Cesc park quite close to the entrance.

"Hmm, this restaurant," he said with a smile as he sped up to go past them and park further.

"What are you doing!?" I shouted.