Chapter 11: Guess Who We Met!?

It was around 6:00 pm and we were almost done with sorting through all the files.

"I feel so tired," Elena said as she sat on the chair.

"I second that," I said.

"Come on guys we're almost done with the files," Nate said.

"Yeah let's try and finish up with all the filing by the end of today if not earlier so we can get a start on our actual assignments," Matt said.

We finished up with all the filing at about 8:30. The sun was still shining in the sky but getting ready to set.

"Ok I am exhausted," Matt said as he collapsed on the chair.

"Yeah me too," Nate said as he sat next to him.

There was a knock on the door and then it opened. It was Ricardo.

"I just came to check in on you guys. Wow you're finished! It looks fantastico!" Ricardo said.

"Gracias amigo!" Matt said.

"Well I'm leaving now and I'll let you guys know if I find any documents tomorrow. Oh and by the way I'm sure you're hungry, there are vending machines in the cafeteria so you can go there if you like. Anyway see you all tomorrow, Buenos Noches." Ricardo said as he left.

"We are not going, I'm too tired," Matt said.

"So typical well I'm sure Jade and I are hungry so we'll go," Elena said.

"Yes I'm starving let's go," I said.

Elena and I went to the elevator and took it to the ground floor. As we walked towards the door we both saw our reflection.

"I totally forgot what I was wearing today, after all this work," I said.

"Yeah me too, but I noticed when we came, people are not that formal. More like smart casual," Elena said.

"Yeah true," I said as I opened the door. The sun was still in the sky and it looked beautiful.

"It is crazy though Jade, I mean were going to have to work so hard!" Elena said.

"I know, that's why I am getting a coffee now!" I said.

"Good idea!" Elena said.

We both came to the cafeteria door and saw that it had a card scan.

"Are you kidding me?" I said.

"We left our cards in the office, ugh we'll have to go fetch it," Elena said

"As if today has not been bad enough," I said.

"Ok how about you go Jade?" Elena asked.

"No I don't want-" I began to say as I looked ahead. Not too far from us I saw a man heading towards a door.

"Jade what?" Elena asked.

"Look!" I said as I pointed to the man in the distance.

"Wait, what? Jade?!" Elena said.

"Come on it will be faster than walking back," I said.

"Ok fine, wait come on hurry up otherwise were not going to make it!" Elena said.

She began running and was now ahead of me but then I saw her stop, turn around and hide behind a big plant. She told me to do the same so I quickly went flat against the wall and bent down next to her just as the man turned around. He looked to see if there was anyone and then shrugged his shoulders and scanned his card. He went into the building. Elena quickly sprinted around the building and got to the door just in time.