Chapter 27: Making Up

As much as I tried, I couldn’t sleep. My mind was full of blurred thoughts. Between the stress I was feeling about the internship, the fight I had had with Elena and the interactions I have had with the Barca players, it was clearly all working on my mind. I sat up and looked at the time, it was 6:30 in the morning. I sighed and decided to get out of bed. I couldn’t sleep no matter what I did so I might as well get up and watch some tv. Maybe it would get my mind off everything, even if it was just for a little while. I walked out of my room and into the main area. I passed the couch and got to the small kitchen area. I switched on the coffee machine and went to go open the cupboard to see what snacks we had. I needed some comfort food at this point. As I was deciding what to eat I heard the door of Elena’s room open. Before I even saw her I spoke.

“Elena I am so sorry,” I said genuinely as she came into the kitchen, “I wasn’t thinking straight and I’m such an idiot for saying that, please forgive me,” I begged her. I could see she was tired and didn’t get much sleep as well. She then looked at me.

“What you said hurt me,” she said and I knew I had hurt her.

“I know, I didn’t think about what I was saying. It all came out too fast,” I said explaining myself.

 “I know, but of course I forgive you,” she said as I instantly hugged her and she hugged me back. “You might not tell me but I know you get stressed and I think you go a bit crazier then you realize,” she said as I laughed.

“I was actually going to make you breakfast in bed,” I said to her, “To make the chances of forgiving me higher.”

“Well, I was going to do the same for you,” she said as I looked at her confused.

“I overreacted a little bit,” she said after seeing my expression.

“No you didn’t,” I said feeling that I was clearly out of line last night.

“I did, I got too defensive,” she said.

“Yeah but I said some pretty terrible things,” I said remembering the words from last night.

“I agree with that but we were both fighting and in the moment we tend to say the wrong thing. Remember two years ago when I insulted you quite badly?” she said as I thought back to that time. It was a similar situation, something stupid lead to an argument and before we knew it we were throwing insults at each other. She having said the more hurtful things as I walked off. Just how she forgave me now, I also forgave her instantly the next morning that time. I guess we both know that when we say certain things we don’t always mean it. We’re females, we tend to get emotional and I guess Elena and I knew that about each other.

“ I mean at the time what you said hurt me but then I thought about what you said. As much as I hate to say it, some of it made sense,” She said.

“Elena, what I said was wrong,” I said looking at her. Her eyes were now facing the ground and I could tell she was thinking about yesterday’s argument.“Look, you’re a dreamer, it’s who you are, and you have the right to dream about ending up with Marc.”

“I agree, but like you said it’s a dream.  I mean, I cannot realistically believe that I will end up with him. When I think of it, I start to already think I’m in a relationship with him but like you said, we’ve met how many times? If he asked me out, it’s different because that would show he is at least interested. At this point, I’m just going to enjoy the time I have with him and remember it. Cause let’s be honest, for me it is like a dream. I mean for all of us it’s a dream. I can’t even believe it’s happening!” she said and she was right. At this point everything did feel like a dream.