Chapter 9: First Day At Work

From what Matt told us we had to get to there by 8:30. Normally work started by 9 but since it was our first day we needed to get there early. I had restless sleep the whole night just thinking about the job. We all had no idea what to expect. At 6:00 I decided to get up and shower. I took a long shower just relaxing under the warm water. I got out and then decided since it’s my first day so I have to wear something professional. I wore a black high waisted skirt with my favorite emerald colored satin shirt. I took out my long gold necklace with a gold and pearl pendant and put it over my head. I always preferred silver jewelry but decided that gold looked more mature. I then wore simple small gold dangling earrings with a black blazer and black heels. I put on natural make up and went to the kitchen. Elena was in her shorts and t-shirt making coffee.

“Jade! What the heck?” she asked, “You’re done? I have not even showered yet.”

“I know, I know, but I couldn’t sleep so I decided I might as well get up early,” I said.

“Yeah, I know you, you just can’t sleep well when you’re worried. Here, I made you coffee,” Elena said as she handed me a cup.

“Thanks,” I said as I started to cut my croissant.

“Well , you’re looking nice, “ Elena said.

“Thanks so much El, you know I’m just thinking a lot of people eat breakfast in cafes here but we bought so much food,” I said.

“Yeah I know. We have to finish up everything before we do that. But I think it can be expensive and since we have no idea where we stand with our salary,” She said.

“And the spending we did yesterday,” I said.

“Yeah we might as well just eat this week indoors, plus we can go for breakfast next week,” she said.

“You’re so confident,” I said,” That we will be here.”

“I just have a good feeling,” she said with a smile, “I’m going to shower and get ready.”

“Ok,” I said as I took my food to the couch and turned on the tv. I flipped through the channels but they were all in spainish. I watched in hope of picking up a few things. Time went by quite quickly.

“Ok I’m ready,” Elena said as she walked out of her room. She had a formal black pants on, a white shirt inside  her black blazer and her black heels on.

“You look nice too!” I said.

“It’s so weird dressing professionally compared to back home in college where you can just throw on anything,” She said

“I know!” I said as my phone began to ring. It was Nate so I answered.

“Hey you guys ready to go?” he asked.

“Yes we are,” I said.

“Ok see you now,” Nate said.

“Let’s go,” I told Elena as we both took our handbags and walked out the door.

“Whoa,” we all said as we stared at each other. Nate and Matt were both in suits with ties looking smart.

“Yeah, this is kinda odd hey?” Matt asked, “But how good do I look in a suit?”

We all rolled our eyes and walked towards the elevator.

“Oh fine, don’t say anything. I know you are all just jealous,” Matt said as we all got into the elevator.

“What’s the time?” Nate asked.

“About 7:45,” Elena said.

“Yeah we’ll make it,” I said.