Chapter 39: Let go of me

As much as I tried I just wasn’t as effective as before. It had been at least 2 hours but my mind kept wandering to everything that happened. I decided to go take a walk and get some water from the dispenser down the hall. I walked there slowly. I took a cup and pushed the blue leaver. My cup almost overflowed due to my distant thinking but I stopped it just in time. It felt nice to drink a cold glass of water, it felt refreshing. I walked back to the office but noticed the door was left a bit open. I went in and looked in horror at my desk. My laptop was gone. Only one person came to my mind when I thought of who could have done this.

“Something the matter?” Alexander asked nastily behind me.

“Where is it?” I asked him turning around to face him and then looking him straight in the eyes.

“I do not know what you are talking about,” he said lying through his teeth.

“You threatened me earlier, give it back,” I said getting a bit angrier, convinced he took it.

“I don’t know what you mean,” he snarled.

“You took my laptop after I left the office!” I said accusing him and getting upset at the idiot.

“You must have had important things on there if you’re getting so upset,” Alexander said, “It’s a shame your work won’t be handed in on time.” I started laughing at him, he really thought he had the power but how wrong he was.

“Yes, I won’t be able to hand in my work,” I said sarcastically mocking him. His smirk changed into a worried look.

“You’re mocking me,” he said disapprovingly.

“I worry about everything, you think I would just save it on my laptop?” I asked him and now I was the one smirking at him. I worry like crazy so I made sure to save my work on a USB that was in my pocket and I saved it as a draft on my email which meant I could use anyone’s laptop to get it back. I still needed my laptop to carry on working on it and my laptop gone would definitely create an inconvenience.

Before I knew it he grabbed my hand, hard. It actually hurt a bit but I stood my ground.

“Let go of my arm,” I told him sternly.

“You should not mock me,” he said.

“Can’t help it,” I said with attitude,  “Now, let. Me. Go,” I said not backing down and looking in his eyes.

“Apologize first,” he said tightening his grip on my arm. I forced myself not to wince.

“Not a chance,” I told him. I was not giving in to him. I refused to give him that satisfaction.

“Let. Her. Go,” I heard another strong voice say. I turned to see Alexis staring at Alexander but he did not have his regular friendly smile, instead his eyes were full of anger but a protective anger. Alexander let go of me immediately and his facial expression instantly changed. Alexander was embarrassed he got caught and not by anyone but by someone he idolized.

“We were just chatting,” Alexander said in a fake friendly voice, “It’s amazing to see you here,” he said with admiration. Alexis just shook his head in disbelief of how Alexander was acting.

“Yes, I could see, all you were doing is chatting,” Alexis said staring down Alexander. Alexander quickly gave in and got the hint.

“Yes, well, I, I’ll see you both around,” Alexander said walking off quickly like a misbehaved kid who just got shouted at by his parents. Alexis then turned to look at me, his protective stance quickly changing.

“Are you ok?” Alexis asked walking up to me quickly, his eyes full of concern.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said shrugging everything off.