Chapter 100: THE GALA

I won't even waste time apologizing so just read below :D This chapter is over 10000 words which I think represents the 100th Chapter quite well :)

Thanks to all of you for the continued support, it really does keep me inspired :)

I thought since it is the 100th chapter , I wanted to kind of "enhance" the reading experience lol. As you all know, I tend to play out scenes in my head like a movie and then write and music sometimes inspires me or helps me get an idea. In movies, music can make the ultimate difference in a scene being emotional or fun or falling flat. So for this chapter I have compiled a playlist and have indicated where in the story you should start playing the song :)

I hope you enjoy it and let me know if it did help to make the chapter much better :)

Playlist:

1. Come Together by Echosmith - LOVE this band :D they're so talented and Cool Kids is my jam
2. Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake – For me this track really encapsulates that whole gala theme And hello, it's JT3. Fa Fa Fa by Datarock – It just has such a cool sound and I don't get sick of it, still my ringtone and has been for a long time.
4. Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caliat – I really think this song represents Jade and Leo in a way and it's a sweet and relaxed song to dance to.5. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum – I think this song tends to be quite a few people's favorites but I really like the mood it gives to the scene and I feel the lyrics fit quite well too.6. U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer – This for me is such a classic party song and I don't know anyone who doesn't feel like dancing when they hear this :p7. Broken Strings by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado – I'm aware the chorus is a bit more upbeat but I really feel this song encapsulated Jade and Ibrahim extremely well. The lyrics and the feeling the song gives. For me, it was perfect :p8. A Thousand Years by Cristian Perri – I looked and looked for the perfect song but this song guys...OMFG it is such perfection!!!! It's so romantic and AHHH I just love this song for their scene :D As a side note Sky Full of Stars is quite Cesc and Jade too but it's quite upbeat :p And Endless Love is great too! 9. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler – I really enjoyed the glee version of this song and I know it's old but I thought it fit. 10. Look Out by James Vincent – If any of you are Teen Wolf fans you might remember this from a scene where a very important character dies (I'm not saying who just in case some of you have begun watching or plan too :p ) Anyway I DARE you not to cry, it really hits that emotion of pain.11. (I've Had ) The Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing – Another pure classic gold song! But I feel it matched the scene and made it slightly light but still meaningful 12. You and Me by Lifehouse – I really love this song, it really captures the feeling of only you and the person you love feeling like you're the only people in the world at that moment.13. Ratchet by Bloc Party – I feel this song kinda builds the tension, I didn't really have much time to keep looking for tracks so forgive me :p14. Breathe by Taylor Swift – The lyrics and sound of the song I feel describe exactly how Jade, Elena and Demi feel at that point15. Treacherous and Sad Beautiful Tragic by Taylor Swift – These are bonus songs that really describe Cesc and Jade at the moment.

Let me know if you guys enjoy the playlist with the chapter!

Enjoy!