Chapter 57: Phonecall

hey everyone! I will try and post another chapter or more :) Firstly I would just like to say thank you all so so so much for all the support :) It has been amazing! Also a couple of you are asking if Neymar is in the story :p Unfortunatly no as I started writing this about 2 years ago so that's why the coach is still Pep and some of the scorelines were actually from that season :p I am still currently writing this as I have just not had the time to finish it so there is still quite a lot more to come :p 

Anyway enjoy!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I woke up and went to make myself coffee in the kitchen. I noticed Elena was still sleeping probably tired from getting up so early the morning before.  I turned on my laptop and began working. The analysis was due for tonight so I had to have it finished. Time went by and I noticed Elena was up. She said she would go do the grocery shopping for us while I worked.

“You sure? I can come,” I told her.

“No worries Jade, Demi needs some too and I know you have work to finish,” she said.

“Thanks,” I told her.

“No problem, I just might come later because we might stop to eat,” she told me as she left.

“Ok,” I said carrying on working. Time went by and I heard my phone ring. I assumed it was Elena and just automatically answered it quickly without even looking at the screen.

“Hey, done with the shopping?” I asked.

“Jade,” I heard a familiar voice say.

“Cesc,” I said taken by surprise. “I’m sorry I thought you were Elena.”

“It’s ok, how are you?” he asked and I could tell he sounded down.

“I’m ok, but are you?” I asked him and I felt a bit concerned.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I can hear it in your voice,” I said and there was silence from the other side. “It’s about yesterday isn’t it?”

“We drew,” he said sadly.

“I know,” I told him.

“We tired and just couldn’t get through,” he said frustrated.

“It’s not your fault, if you guys tried then-,” I said.

“But we didn’t try. At least not as hard as we could. We try so hard to focus on one game but it gets difficult especially since we know we’re playing AC in 2 days,” he said sounding upset with himself.

“We know,” I told him.

“Yeah but we dropped points, I mean maybe I should have tried harder,” he said.

“Cesc, you scored a goal and set up the first one, you helped the team,” I told him, “Look stuff happens and there is a long way in the league. If you said that you were all focused on AC then that means you guys will be ready for them on Tuesday and you can get back to winning next weekend.”

“Yeah well I do kind of owe you for the goal,” he said and I could tell he didn’t feel as bad anymore. I laughed a bit.

“Because I wished you luck?” I said.

“I guess, but you must have believed in me for the luck to actually fall right?” he asked me. I must have believed in him?

“I do believe in you Cesc, I believe in all of you,” I said and then I just remembered. Alexis.