Chapter 25: I think I'm In Love

ELENA POV

What a match that was! Barca played perfectly and now we were on our way to the locker room with Pique as our guide! Things were certainly crazy. Funny how this locker room visit is sparked by the fact that Cesc wanted to see Jade. I keep teasing her about it and its fun because she gets annoyed but I’m starting to wonder what is really happening. I turned around to at Jade, she seemed to be deep in thought. We got to some guards who Pique spoke to, the guards all nodded and we proceeded through the door.

“I’m not too sure, who’s still here, it took us quite a while to wait upstairs,” Pique said to all of us. Just then we all looked to see who had walked through the locker room door. It was Messi, the best player in the world but before any of us could say anything Jade went up to hug him.

What the heck is she doing!? It seems that is exactly what went through her head because as soon as she noticed what she had done, she quickly stopped and began to apologize. I looked at everyone else who seemed to be in the same state of shock. I looked back at Leo who had a slight smile.

“Not a problem. Thank you. Would have been nice to have 3 goals but not a bad performance,” he said normally. It really was amazing that a player as good as Leo was still so humble and down to earth. I saw Pique pick him up and happily chant his name.

“Elena,” I heard a voice from the door say. I turned to look and saw Thiago standing there with a bright smile.

“Thiago,” I said back. Wow Elena, that was stupid, just say his name, not hi .Good going.

“Hi, you played really well,” I said quickly. He smiled even more.

“Gracias, so how have you-,” he began to say but was cut off.

“Elena,” I heard a voice say and I knew exactly who it was.

“Marc,” I said instinctively who was standing next to Thiago now. I once again stared at his beautiful eyes and felt lost in them.

“So,” Thiago said agitated breaking the silence.

“I’m sure you’ll play next game,” I told Marc encouragingly, “You’re such an amazing player.” He looked down with a shy smile and then back up to look at me.

“Gracias,” he said, “It’s nice to know people like you think that,” he said intently taking my hand again.

“Well how do you think I played?” Thiago asked me. Marc and I took a moment before we turned to look at him. Why was he asking this? I already told him.

“Well,” I answered him again and then went back to looking at Marc.

“So you’re staying in Barcelona right?” Marc asked hopefully. I smiled shyly; he really had a way of being so adorable yet gorgeous. How could he be hopeful about me? I was the luckiest girl alive right now.

“Well we find out on Monday,” I said.

“About?” Marc asked.

“About the internship,” Thiago said, “She told us about it,” he said butting in.

“I see,” Marc said, “Well I would love to see you around the club more,” he said as he flashed a brilliant smile. I could just feel myself blushing and smiling back at him.

“We all would,” Thiago said once again butting in. “Well we better go, we are all having dinner together with our girlfriends,” Thiago said looking at Marc, “Don’t want to keep her waiting Marc,” Thiago said as he walked off. I felt a slight twinge in my heart. I knew we weren’t dating or anything but I just got a feeling that we had something. He must have seen my face drop as I turned to look at the ground.