Chapter 51: Watching Practice

I walked down to the pitch excited to watch the players train. This time I had permission so I was relaxed since I wasn’t breaking any rules. As I started walking down the stairs of the stadium I noticed everyone else was sitting on the opposite side. I decided to walk around the stadium to get to where everyone was.

“Jade,” Elena said as I reached the lower stands.

“Hey,” I said.

“Seems we all got here at the same time,” Demi said.

“I know,” Nate said.

“Nate! You guys are here too,” I said happily seeing Ricardo and Matt with him. The six of us walked down the stairs of the stand and sat down on the seats to our left since the right side was already occupied by females.

“I’m sorry, what are you doing here?” I heard a voice say to my right. I looked to see Daniella. Oh, how perfect.

“I came to watch the players train,” I said to her.

“You’re just an employee, only the friends and family of the players can watch them,” she said back to me.

“We were given permission,” Demi said.

“Well I highly doubt that,” another blond woman said. I wondered if this was Marc’s girlfriend.

“We were,” Elena said sternly and I could see that look she had in her eyes. I guess it is.

“Look you should all leave before we call security. Oh wow what a shot from Ibrahim,” I heard another woman say as she turned her head to watch him. Wait Ibrahim? Since when does he have a girlfriend?

“This is public property so we are actually allowed to be here. We have passes that allow us in and out of Camp Nou so we are allowed anywhere on these premises. You must all just be confused,” Matt said ever so smoothly.

“Look, you might think you’re educated in law-,” another woman said treating him like a child.

“Because I am,” Matt said and they all looked at him stumped.

“They’re with me!” we all heard Pique say, “How you doing Jade, Elena, Demi?” We all waved to Pique happily but deep down I knew the three of us wanted to say “In your face” to the girlfriends.

The look the girlfriends had on their faces were of absolute shock. Priceless!

“And what about the three of them?” Daniella said referring to the boys.

“They’re with me,” I heard Leo say. I turned to face him and shot him a smile which he gladly returned. Pique and him went back to training with the others.

“You see?! I told you all we were Messi’s homies!” Matt said excitedly as we all laughed.

Cesc was in the middle of the field. I saw him look at me for a split second but immediately his eyes then rested on Daniella who was waving at him. He gave a slight smile and went back to training. Marc didn’t even attempt eye contact with Elena. Well if Cesc was not going to look at me then might as well watch someone else. My eyes happened to rest on Leo and Ibrahim who were talking for a bit. It seemed Leo was giving him some pointers as I saw Ibrahim nod. Leo looked up and saw me looking their way and waved a bit while Ibrahim waved too. I saw Cesc look at them and then at me but once again only for a split second before he went back to focusing on the ball.What is with Cesc? I wondered, would his girlfriend really kill him for smiling at me? I then glanced at Daniella who seemed to be very involved in every shot Cesc took.

“Ugh that shot sucked!” she said annoyed, “Do better Cesc!” she yelled at him. Maybe she would kill him. I was tempted to hit her. Did she even watch a game? He was practicing curving a corner shot so that either Puyol or Pique could head it. Pique did manage to reach it. His header was not on goal but Cesc’s shot was perfectly fine, maybe a degree off because only Xavi could manage that perfection but it was a good corner kick.

“He should have scored that one,” Daniella said sighing. I burst out laughing. I couldn’t help it. She thought Cesc was supposed to score the goal from a corner kick. She whipped her head to look at me.

“Please keep it down some of us are trying to watch our boyfriends,” she said.

“Sorry,” I said trying my hardest to keep a straight face as she turned around.

“Jade?” Demi asked.

“What so funny?” Elena asked me. I told them and Elena kept her laugh down but Demi couldn’t keep it in and was laughing loudly. The girlfriends all stared at Demi.

“Keep it down,” a woman said strictly. Demi luckily quieted down.

“My bad,” Demi whispered to Elena and I as we smiled. I stared back at the field to watch my favorite player David Villa. To think he wondered why I was given a yellow rose. Jade, I don’t think that’s really true. I must have started going into a trance because I was rudely interrupted.

“What is with you?” the same woman who spoke about Ibrahim said to me, “Never seen a hot guy before?” she asked again but before I could retaliate she carried on, “Oh wait look at you, of course not,” she said nastily.

“How dare-,” Elena said getting angry.

“Elena, just leave it, we don’t want to make a scene,” I told her.

“Did you not hear what she said?!” Demi whispered loudly.

“I did and I’m going to ignore it ok?” I said to the both of them. Starting a fight with the players girlfriends’ when they were playing away tomorrow and Milan on Tuesday was not a good idea. They needed to be focused for both games.

“Jade!” I saw Pique shout and we all turned to look at him, “See you were checking out Villa eh?” Pique said loudly enough for Villa to hear. My jaw dropped and I could see Villa look my way. I quickly dropped my gaze and found the floor very interesting all of a sudden. Pique carried on running while laughing at me.

“I can’t believe he did that!” Demi said with a small laugh and I could hear the boys were finding this amusing.

“It’s not funny! It’s so embarrassing!” I said praying Villa was not looking my way.

“Were you checking Villa out?” Elena said.

“No, I was just watching him train!” I said.

“No you weren’t!” she said nudging me.

“Yes I was!” I said to her.

“Oh Villa you are sooooooooo hot! I love you!” Elena said in a mock voice mocking me.

“Gracias,” we heard a voice say. The three of us turned to see David Villa smirking at us. He was right by the stands as it was his turn to do the passes close to the barrier. The three of us all had our mouths hanging open while Pique and Leo laughed behind him.

“Now you know how it feels,” I said to Elena quietly.

“Well, you’ve been in more embarrassing situations,” Elena whispered back.

“Elena,” I said scared she would bring that up again, “Look I owe you everything for that.”

She smiled happily.

“Maybe,” she said, “But you know I’d do anything for you.”

“You know I’d do the same,” I said back to her and it reminded me why she was my best friend. No matter what life threw at us, we were always each other’s constant. Whether we were fighting or taking on the world, we were there, always together. I owed Elena a lot, people might see her sometimes as emotional but she was just impulsive. For the people she loves, she would do anything for them. She cared more about people then she let on. I think it was just a way of guarding herself, something that I also tend to do.

I looked up slowly to make sure Villa was not still smirking. He must have felt good knowing three teenagers still found him attractive. Luckily he wasn’t looking up and I started to watch the other players. All of a sudden a few of them started gathering in a circle. What was going on?